Stiletto, 4x12 and the presence knob

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geiri

Reaction score
Amazing what difference a 4x12 can do to your sound.

I used to have a 2x12 recto cab and had the presence off all the time. I just got myself a 4x12 recto cab and suddenly the presence knob is actually useful. In fact it sounds just like I got myself a new amp. This goes for both bedroom and band volume.

If I had known that this would be so drastic I never would have bothered with the 2x12 in the first place.

Never been happier with my sound.

I'm seriously wondering how good my Ace would sound w/ a Recto 4x12. I borrowed a Marshall 1960 awhile back and just wasn't that thrilled with it even after a day and a half spent tweaking on it. Just not enough balls....ya know :shock:

Even w/ my loud *** drummer, the 1x12 was good for volume and tone. I'm just looking for more "spread" so to speak; but it's got to sound right and the Marshall just wasn't cutting it... Oh well, keep tryin' :mrgreen:

I have always loved the tone of an oversized 1x12 box but found them to be too directional. The 4x12 definitely gives you alot more presence and I find I can hear myself much better. I like the angle of the top speakers on the angle cab, I find that helps as well. I have not ever tried the Marshall 4x12 cabs because everything marshall I have ever plugged into has been a dog. I switched from an orange ppc 4x12 to an oversized recto slant, I can not imagine even wanting to try another cab. :mrgreen:

I got myself a Recto traditional cab not long ago to use with my Stiletto and I know what you mean about 'a new amp'. I've never been more in love with that stiletto.
I had to borrow marshal 1960 cab at a gig last weekend to cut down on change over time and it was aweful.
Never again, it's the mesa or nothing.

I've only plugged my Roadster into a Marshall 1960 cab, if that helps. Do not want. However, it seems Buckethead is now using Stiletto Deuce II heads into some Marshall cabs. I wonder if they are 1960As or 1960AVs...

Back