Steve Vai's pedal board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David.W

Reaction score
steve_G_large.jpg

I lifted it from TC Electronics web page, it was to promote Vai using the G-system. Check out that mix.

looks like he's got a Keeley TS9DX with the true bypass mod, and an analogman DS-1 distortion pedal. Plus his bad horsie wah, whammy WH-1 and the MXR EVH Phase 90.

nosajwp said:
I'll bet he's accidentally hit the wrong button on that G-System a few times trying to reach for the phaser!

The G system has a pretty good onboard tuner as well, im not so sure why he opted for the Peterson and the phaser in such an awkward location. My guess however is that he is able to access them threw the G-system.

Knowing him, the shoes where ideal for fast effect switching. Plus he looks like hes in the sound check stage or else he'd be painted in blue and silver paint with a disco ball on his head.

I just thought it was an Analogman dist pedal because of the logo on the pedal, looked like an analogman to me, but I was just guessing.

ds1super.jpg

That G-system is nice but a little pricey. At $1500 I can't see the unit coming home with me anytime soon.

Certainly looks like you are right on the Analogman assessment.

I'm guessing he can afford one of each :D

Im suprised to see him use the analogman Ds-1. He was using the Keeley Seeing eye mod DS1 for a long time. I have them both and the Analogman pedal is much, much better than a stock pedal but I'd be hard pressed to say I like it over the Keeley pedal.

But c'mon, it's Steve Vai.....he could put a baked potatoe on his pedalboard and it would sound good.

David.W said:
nosajwp said:
I'll bet he's accidentally hit the wrong button on that G-System a few times trying to reach for the phaser!

The G system has a pretty good onboard tuner as well, im not so sure why he opted for the Peterson and the phaser in such an awkward location. My guess however is that he is able to access them threw the G-system.

The G system doesnt have Buzz Feiten settings and the Petersen does. Vai's guitars are modded to the B system so he is likely using that tuner to take advantage of the BF uning properly.

Although he used to use the Buzz Feiten system, according to his assistant he hasn't since at least 2005.

I have a G-system and I still use a strobo-stomp 1 - because I like the sweetened tuning option the peterson has and 2 - the G-Sys tuner accuracy +/- 2 cents (better than a boss pedal), but the Peterson's accuracy is +/- 0.1 cent.

Latest posts

Back