Standy and power labels are peeling off my Mark V! Just me?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Gregory

Reaction score
Hey ! How goes it?

I have had my mark v for about year and keep it pretty clean. As I was lightly wiping dust away, my guitar cloth peeled or scraped some of the lettering off where the power switches are. Flaky stuff. What is the issue with that? None of the other labels are fading like that. Seems like a finger nail could finish the job off. Even the mark V logo seems to be peeling away. I keep my amp in an indoors environment too, so not sure if moisture is the problem. Anybody else experience this?

So far no problems with mine. I have noticed in a few online photos of MV's for sale faded and missing lettering in this region.

I thought I read somewhere (here?) that the one of the earlier MV production runs had the issue you're describing. I think the same said you can call Mesa and they'll get you a new one.

jb's 52 said:
I thought I read somewhere (here?) that the one of the earlier MV production runs had the issue you're describing. I think the same said you can call Mesa and they'll get you a new one.

Cool! What exactly would Mesa give me? The stickers with the labels? Is it free? Thanks!!

Ben Gregory said:
jb's 52 said:

Cool! What exactly would Mesa give me? The stickers with the labels? Is it free? Thanks!!

They give you a whole new face plate. If I'm not mistaken....

Yep, do a search for face plate. The old threads come up.

jb's 52 said:
Ben Gregory said:
jb's 52 said:

They give you a whole new face plate. If I'm not mistaken....

Yep, do a search for face plate. The old threads come up.

cool! I guess that it would not be too hard to install. take the knobs off first or something

This happened to me. Mesa has offered to have a tech replace the faceplate. I haven't taken them up on it yet because the hassle isn't worth it. If I ever decide to sell the V, I'll do it.

eudaimonia02912 said:
This happened to me. Mesa has offered to have a tech replace the faceplate. I haven't taken them up on it yet because the hassle isn't worth it. If I ever decide to sell the V, I'll do it.

Do you actually have to send the amp back to Mesa? IF so, that is a Hassle!! I am thinking of selling mine which is why I asked.

No, they will send the plate to a tech near me to have it installed.

It's not a huge hassle. It's just a cosmetic issue, and I don't feel like going without my amp and having to make the drive to the tech.

Barry said:
This is a known issue . I had to return mine to have the faceplate replaced . You have a warranty

I have a warranty, but I cannot remember how long it last. Can I not get another faceplate once it runs out? Thanks!

Warrantees last five years. Thus, assuming no one has done any modes, all Mark Vs are still under warranty.

the warranty is also transferrable if you sell it within the five years . You need to do it within thirty days . Need serial number, original owner , where it was bought, etc..

Barry said:
the warranty is also transferrable if you sell it within the five years . You need to do it within thirty days . Need serial number, original owner , where it was bought, etc..

nice!! I bought it from someone else 2 years ago. He transferred it to me so I guess I am in Mesa's system. I will give Mesa a call about the face plate.

Latest posts

Back