Speakers to use with Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slhguitar

Reaction score
So I am getting either a red stripe or blue stripe, still undecided. I am planning on getting a mesa thiele w/EV, as well as a krank 2x12 w/ eminence Legend V12s. Anybody have speaker reccomendations, if I find myself unhappy with these?

I really like mine to be played through G12T-75s, don't like the mesa black shadow 90s as much.

What would the difference be to play it through V30's or G12T-75's.
I'm still thinking about what to do with my cabinet I have now.
I play a mark III blue stripe and through a peavey 5150-cabinet.
I don't know what to do once I have money again. Sell my 5150-cab and buy a bogner übercab or so. Or put other speakers in the 5150 cabinet.
Or keep my peaveycab and buy a 2*12 by bogner or so.

screamingdaisy said:
The EV alone is a little harsh when used at higher volume, higher gain settings.

+1. I like to play mine through a Dumble style 1x12" cab with a Jensen Neo.

After some playing, I too have found the EV a little bit harsh. The Krank with V12s however, its ultra sweet-sounding. It tames the high end of the mark III nicely, but still has the midrange that I love. I had a lot of fun playing Santana-styled licks with that setup. I have yet to try both cabs together, but I expect that it will have a nice full sound, with the V12s' round low end and smooth highs, and that bite the EV has.

Back