Something new on the way?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloanthebone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
The last couple of day Mesa has been asking people so sign up for their email list about new designs...... possible new Mark series amp maybe? (Mark VI??)

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 4.20.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 4.11.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 4.13.24 PM.png

I suspect we will see a part III (Mark III), part IV, part V and finally part VI.

The posts started yesterday (March 1) so post VI would be Monday unless they skip the weekend, then post VI would be Wednesday.

another observation….. Monday is March VI

Last edited:
I'm trying to imagine a Mark VI and not really seeing how to surpass a Mark V or JP2C.

I would not want it to be a four channel amp. To me, even three channels is unnecessary. I never use R2.

If Mesa would build what I would ask for, then it would literally be a restart of the original Mark IIC+ production line, with no more changes made to the amp than are absolutely necessary given that this is now 40 years later. Some original components may no longer be available. (And the serial range would of course be different.) I'd say that these should only be made in the fully loaded configuration, with no options other than an international version with multi-voltage power transformers. (So, DRG and DRGX models, heads only.)

But I wouldn't expect that to happen.

Allegedly, some folks on Sevenstring forum have seen it and are on the hush till the 7th. Single EQ, JP2C sized enclosure from what they said. I have no way of validating that, but it makes sense to me that they would stick with that size.

I'd be happy if it were just a non-signature model with updated stuff like midi and a built-in load box (Cab Clone +). Love me some Marks.

Obviously it would be a:
vi channel amp with
vi eq's since they found a stash of inductors to sell and
vi channel speaker switching
Jerry Lewis is going to announce it from jesus' hotrod

Except this is Gibson we are talking about so the only obvious conclusion is they've been reading the progress of diy RP-11 printing on this site and are front running the effort with a II+ "re-issue Mark I" if you will for the low doh price of $9990.
Call it the "future vintage 84" series. Vintage black marker above OS power cord add $666 which is the same price for optional black bronco tolex.

I'll be ordering 6 of the coli options for an additional $6660 so the tubes are balanced at 6 pre and 6 power. But I might wait for reissue Mark VI...

I know you're just trying to be funny and I appreciate that, but let's take a moment and stop to appreciate the fact that it has been over two years since Gibson bought Mesa (Jan 6 2021) and so far there's not a trace of any Gibson influence on Mesa's production or operations. They've so far simply let Mesa be Mesa and let Mesa do things the way Mesa does things.

That's very sensible, because Mesa has been in operation for over 50 years and has never once had to reorganize or file bankruptcy,
while Gibson and Fender have BOTH had to do that at least once each over the same period of time.

Mesa should be giving lessons in good business management to Gibson.

Wow. I just picked up a Badlander 25 combo and am still bonding with it. I should have waited to see what this new Mark is!! As said above ‘me loves me some Marks’. It would be awesome if even just a V+ were released. Something which adds the CCIR+, adds MIDI and leaves out things like the ‘tuner out’ and the jacks for switching. Adding another 5 band EQ would be welcome.

I think the value of my February mark 2c just went up. Yay !

I think Mesa is going to release a lawsuit. And they will have an event you can participate if you pay for it. Slimey veasel is going to be there with beard and overgrown hipster haircut. Maybe a leather jackect on. That's gibson for you.

Earlier poster said it has been awhile and no sign of gibson influence on Mesa. Well, none of the Mesa stuff is available in europe, no amps, no cabs not even leather corners nothing. And there has not been any new releases. Not that it bothers me. As long as Mesa is partially owned by gibson I will not buy any Mesa products. That's ok as I have all the boogie amps I need.

I think it's sad. I used to be very fond of Mesa brand and the sound of their amps really suits me, or atleast the tone gels very well with my marshall and diezel amps.

Do as you wish. Incidentally, I believe that Mesa is not partially owned by Gibson, Mesa is ENTIRELY owned by Gibson.
Which does not bother me at all. So long as they don't cheapen the amps, it's fine by me.

Life is too short to spend it butthurt over who owns what. That's just petty and childish. In my opinion.

Apparently a few dealers are sitting on some waiting for the announcement next week.

From Sevenstring forum from a dealer who already has them.

"Ch. 1 = Clean, Fat, or Crunch
Ch. 2 = Fat, Crunch, or Mark VII™
Ch. 3 = Mark IIB™, Mark IIC+™, or Mark IV™

$3700

Last edited:
I saw that.. if true, what do they have against the VI? :unsure:

I had a Mark IVB and honestly I think the Mark V does everything it does, as well as if not better than the Mark IVB. I feel like I've lost nothing by trading up to the V. However I did spend less time deep diving into the IV than any other Mesa I've ever owned, in fact I only had it for one year almost to the day. I got it at the 2022 Orlando guitar show, and traded for the V at the 2023 Orlando guitar show a year later.

I certainly never felt much love for the control layout of the IV. I can understand how a lot of players would find it very confusing and difficult to master. The V's layout with no shared tone controls between channels is extremely superior. Since I had prior 3 channel Recto experience, plus Mark experience, familiarizing myself with the V was a matter of just minutes of experimentation. I did have to refer to the manual to understand the EQ presets but otherwise, it was self explanatory.

But I really like the way that the footswitch stores in the back of a combo Mark IV. I like it enough that I'm considering engineering a similar storage system for a custom footswitch system for my Mark V. A lower profile footswitch with 1/4 turn fasteners just like the one on the IV should be pretty easy to whip up.

It's starting to look like the signature feature of the later Marks is the combination of the tones of the earlier Marks that they provide.

If the VI was still some distance into the future, I'd expect it to be updated to have a channel modelled after the Mesa Badlander.

Who owns what does matter. There will never be a behringer in my domain. Not everyone has morals or ethics to say the least.

VII must sell better than VI on market polling. It's going to be my bday- anyone? anyone? So it will be announced on the 7th?

Haven't gone past IVA here. I like a lot of modern mesa's that are no longer modern but don't think I've missed anything with the Marks.
You can emulate a IIB but unless you isolate simple circuits you can't match it. Not a dis, just misses the mark if you want that raw open feel you'll never get from a congested board.
That said the express (6L6) impressed the hell out of me so yo never know.

Where are you all seeing this? I’ve been on their website and on on the email list but can find nothing. Thanks

Latest posts

Back