TA-30 reverb ???'s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The reverb is very weak in this amp. (Just bought it) I mean, I have it on "11"! I hear it, but it is way weaker than most all other amps. Is this typical? And how do I fix it? All switches are where they should be. And was wondering if maybe a new verb tube would help?
Hope I'm in the right forum . . .

Last edited:
The reverb on my TA-30 is quite good. It does change a bit if I switch wattages, but not much.

Do you have the error on both channel 1 and 2?

Not sure how the reverb is situated in the TA-30. Is it in a tank separate from the chassis or is it internal to the chassis? I got curious to see if there were any replacement tanks for this amp. Nothing came up. It could just be a bad ground on the driving transducer. I had a similar issue with the California Tweed combo I got new. Did a simple check on the wires with a continuity test and found the ground side of the driver was poor. The amp only had a faint reverb. I could have sent it back to Mesa but after finding it was just a poor ground, it was an easy fix to solder a jumper wire to couple it to the RCA jack ground. Now it sounds like it should. Just thought I would point that out you cannot get it working.

Back