Someone should make a webpage for Pre1000 Recto owners!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LnTh

Reaction score
Where the # of the recto, user, location can be documented.

Wouldn't that be cool? There could also be a message board to get in contact or something.

Just an idea :p

**** it. Was it that obvious? :(

Hehe.. I dunno I was searching the forum and the info is all scattered around. Imagine if you have one in your area though. Wouldn't it be cool to compare if you have different revisions and stuff? Also share info, etc.

whats so good about pre1000 i thought everything after 500 was just revision f with the standard tranny

there is no such thing as "pre1000." To be exact, there isn't even a true "pre500." What there is though are approximations for the "pre500."

What I mean is that when Mesa reached 500, they did not suddenly stop production all together and change everything. For example, #503 has a Revision D with the old transformers. I would assume around the early to late 500's they switched over to E for a very short time and then began producing F around the 700's - 800's. Many of these F's also have the old transformers.

Furthermore, they did not stop production at 1000 either. There is no proof detailing anything about there being a pre1000, as far as I know.

Lastly, keep in mind that what truly makes the difference is the Revision on the circuit board. Everyone in 1992 has the same transformers. Only the first 500-600 of those have a Rev C or D where the true magic is at. (Not to say that others sound bad, but RevC and D is what the hype is all about).

Elpelotero said:
there is no such thing as "pre1000." To be exact, there isn't even a true "pre500." What there is though are approximations for the "pre500."

What I mean is that when Mesa reached 500, they did not suddenly stop production all together and change everything. For example, #503 has a Revision D with the old transformers. I would assume around the early to late 500's they switched over to E for a very short time and then began producing F around the 700's - 800's. Many of these F's also have the old transformers.

Furthermore, they did not stop production at 1000 either. There is no proof detailing anything about there being a pre1000, as far as I know.

Lastly, keep in mind that what truly makes the difference is the Revision on the circuit board. Everyone in 1992 has the same transformers. Only the first 500-600 of those have a Rev C or D where the true magic is at. (Not to say that others sound bad, but RevC and D is what the hype is all about).
Ok but if you include all rectifier owners it'd be a bit ridiculous wouldn't it?
I said 1000 cause it includes all kinds of rectos that were in production but not anymore. Am i wrong?

Ah.. I think you get my point about the "recto log" thing... You decide the number. lol.

You can do it by year instead, but it's still asking a lot for people to go in there and open the chassis and look for a signature and date. Much less a Revision.

You can make it a 2channel thing, and then another page for 3 channel, another for roadking, etc.

I'm not a web designer, so I won't be doing this. Just wanted to put my 2cents in before a misnomer occurs. good luck!

Sign me up!

Rev F is way to go. Best sounding Rectos made! #929

DSCN3956Small.jpg

DSCN3965Small.jpg

DSCN3964Small.jpg

DSCN3957Small.jpg

Have you never played rev f boogiebabe? I honestly don't think my opinion is bias... look at all the others who agree Rev F are the best recto made.

Would you like me to supply links to support my claim or do you wish to be in denial?

I suggest you should play one before knocking the Rev F. Man, why all the recto haters???

Is this still the boogie board?

Johnson said:
uh oh...here we go again :roll:

+1

lets just keep the thread on topic. It's only common courtesy.

Pre1000 REV F are brutalz. It's an entirely different world from the other Rectos. Before I owned this blackface, I was dumb enuff to think Rectos didn't get any better unless modded. That was ignorance on my part and I'm pleasantly surprised how amazing they are.

pre1000 deserve a thread in their own right. My new top 5 all time favorite amp!

Gear-Monkey said:
Johnson said:

+1

Pre1000 REV F are brutalz. It's an entirely different world from the other Rectos. Before I owned this blackface, I was dumb enuff to think Rectos didn't get any better unless modded. That was ignorance on my part and I'm pleasantly surprised how amazing they are.

pre1000 deserve a thread in their own right. My new top 5 all time favorite amp!

they don't, because there's no such thing! Everyone, please stop using this term. It does not exist!

I have played and owned a revision F rackmount recto, s/n was in the 700's. I have also owned a revision F head a long time ago. I will list the recto's I have owned below.

Rackmount Rev F
Dual Rev F
Dual Rev D
3 other rackmounts that were revision G
Three channel dual recto
Purple Roadking I (color makes a big difference in tone LOL)
Single Rec Series II
Roadking 2x12 S/N 350, had all recalls done
Tremoverb, early one with wheat grill.

I currently own R0005 which is a revision C, a rackmount recto which is the Revision G. Own another roadking, another tremoverb with wheat grill and a voodoo modded dual rec.

Out of all the recto's I have owned, the sweetest two in my opion are my two latest rackmount Rev G recto's. One I just sold to Silverwolf, the second I am keeping and might be hard to have me part with it.

So yes I can say I have played Revision F, and no i do not think it is the sweetest of them all, i think it sounds **** good, and defintly different then what is out there, same as with my revision C, but my personal tastes, I love the Revision G's as you can see how i keep coming back to them.

By the way, I had one of the very first 3 channel dual rec's ever made, and that thing sounded killer too, not like a pre-1000, but it was a little different then what i hear today.

Gear-Monkey said:
Have you never played rev f boogiebabe? I honestly don't think my opinion is bias... look at all the others who agree Rev F are the best recto made.

Would you like me to supply links to support my claim or do you wish to be in denial?

I suggest you should play one before knocking the Rev F. Man, why all the recto haters???

Is this still the boogie board?

Didnt someone on the board have a recto in the 1100's that had the pre-500 trannies? I am pretty sure i remembered reading that. So if it is true that the trannies are part of the pre-500 tone, I would assume that with a few changes in circuit on a pre-1000, well you pretty much got a pre-500.

Elpelotero said:
Gear-Monkey said:
Johnson said:

+1

they don't, because there's no such thing! Everyone, please stop using this term. It does not exist!

Elpelotero said:
Gear-Monkey said:
Johnson said:

+1

Pre1000 means just that... Pre1000 serial number. For example, (I think) the OT said his Recto was #812. Hence the serial number is R0812, indicating that it is, in fact, the 812th Recto made. Also means his recto is a 1992.

Therefore your opinion is wrong, pre500 do very much exist... you're just not willing to face that yet. But that's okay, you have the right to your opinion. As we proud pre1000 owners. And I for one am not going to let you take that away from us. If you don't like pre1000, that's fine... but please don't taint our thread.

I subscribed to this thread... it's a wonderful idea from the OT. And I 100% support him and his idea.

And to all the pre1000 owners, post your pictures here.

IMHO I think what needs to be determined here is at what point did the Dual Recto's change signifigantly tone wise compared to the ones with the original trannies.
Was it a transformer change?
Or was it a certain rev. in the curcit board? Both at the same time?
At what point in the serial number count did this occur?
IMHO I don't think anyone should use the term "pre 1000" or even "pre 500" as a selling point until this can be determined!
Althought I can only speak for the Dual Recto's I currently own and have owned in the past.
I own DR #220 and #414 and owned an sold one that was in the 10,000's beause it didn't sound close to DR #220 or #414 but I'm sure there must have been some sort of major change before #10,000
Maybe finding out if the trannies were changed and at what point would be a good start!
Or even better, I think it would be a good idea if everyone on this board to list their DR's by serial #, #'s on the trannies and rev. # on the curcit board, particularly anyone with a post 500 pre 1000 DR seeing that these are the one's that some people are trying to get big $$$ as of recent.
It would be nice to know if there were any major changes in the post 500 pre 1000 DR's that effected the tone compared to the original tranny models.

Back