Some Dual Rec classic rockish settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondschwin

Reaction score
ive had my dual rec for years now, and my series one stiletto...

recently ive been using the stiletto as my main rig, i am running it in fluid drive mode, with an eq in the loop and a keely modded SD-1 in the front, this gets me a nice classic sabbath on steroids sound, kind of like queens of the stone age, or a jmp or similar bogner (shiva) cranked way up... so now i go back to my dual rec. and find it too hi fi sounding, the high end is really painful, ive tried that both with my custom 4x12 which sounds ok, and with my orange 2 by 12 which sounds a lot better, but i was wondering what settings or tubes/mods could help me out?

right now i have the gain at 2 oclock, the treble at 10 (trying to tone down the highs) the mids at 1130, the bass at 12, the presence at 1 (it really brings out a crunch) tube rectifier, bold setting, and two power tubes pulled to make it 50 watts

any help?

What guitar are you using ?
Are you using a 3 channel or 2 channel Recto ? I have a 3 channel my Marshallesq rock sound is on channel 3

Try putting you tubes back in to make in 100 watts again

when I ran at 50 watts my highs were painfull as well

confused said:
What guitar are you using ?
Are you using a 3 channel or 2 channel Recto ? I have a 3 channel my Marshallesq rock sound is on channel 3

Try putting you tubes back in to make in 100 watts again

when I ran at 50 watts my highs were painfull a well

hmm ill try the tubes

i have a 3 channel, stock tubes

and i use an 1984 gibson explorer with dimarzio PAF low output humbuckers, a gibson les paul studio lite with stock pickups this guitar is fromt he 80s too, and a paul reed smith custom 22 with dragon 2s... mostly i use the explorer then les paul then prs in that order from most to least

wow going back to all the tubes made a big difference, really big improvement in the lows and low mids. its a much bolder sound, anyway i was thihnking maybe getting those JJ Gz rectifier tubes any opinions?

diamondschwin said:
wow going back to all the tubes made a big difference, really big improvement in the lows and low mids. its a much bolder sound, anyway i was thihnking maybe getting those JJ Gz rectifier tubes any opinions?
those tubes rule very warm

diamondschwin said:
The GZ34's fall between that of your stock Rectifier's and the Silicon Diodes, as far as tightness/sag.

Latest posts

Back