• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Pristine 1997 Tremoverb combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Sale

Chuck_P

Reaction score
Hi all - I created this account to post this, so sorry if I'm not up to speed on this forum's conventions / vocabulary!

I am listing a pristine 1997 Tremoverb combo on Reverb. I figured you folks would appreciate this one - I am the original owner, it has not moved from my studio in 20 years, it is cosmetically and mechanically perfect, and it comes with all the original goodies and paperwork. This was never a gigging amp and it sounds fantastic right now, as-is.

Reverb listing with a bunch of photos: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-Verb 2-Channel 100-Watt 2x12" Guitar Combo 1993 - 2002 - Various | Reverb
Here's the amp in action as of yesterday 1/21/23:

The tubes are a little tired (I think the reverb return 12AX7 V5 has a little buzz in particular) but they all work and this is otherwise the classic barn find / time machine amp.

• Both channels work great in both modes
  • Tube and Solid State rectifiers work (on both settings), the reverb and tremolo work, the strangely complicated FX loop works, channel cloning works
  • Includes: The original manual, the original cover, the original footswitch, the original casters, the Mesa inspection tag, other paperwork

The Rev G Tremoverb was the very very best of the Dual/Triple Recs in my humble opinion, and this one does the Dual Rec "thing" extremely well and at absurd volume levels.

Please let me know if you have any questions! @dogbone94

mesa-5.jpg

Great amp. Never cared much for the dual rectros without the verb and tremolo, because I like that feature on fender amps. I knew a guy that chopped up his combo to make a head outta it, and he should have just left it alone and bypass the speakers and plug a 4x12 into it.

This is showing up as sold on Reverb. What was your price?
I eventually had it up for $1900 and as I recall I got $1750 for it. I think that's what I paid for it in 1997! Somebody got a great amp out of that deal. It was a pristine museum piece. Glad to have hauled it up the stairs for the last time though...

Great amp. Never cared much for the dual rectros without the verb and tremolo, because I like that feature on fender amps. I knew a guy that chopped up his combo to make a head outta it, and he should have just left it alone and bypass the speakers and plug a 4x12 into it.
I didn't see this a few weeks ago...yeah, that seems like a lot of surgery, but given how heavy this combo is, I can see where he was going! The verb was perfectly nice, and the tremolo was great on this model. Very cool amp and really representative of that 90s/2000s scene.

Back