some advice?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
maybe someone can give me some input?i am basically a tone idiot...but i am slowly starting to figure things out.i have a mark 4 a.i think i have finally discovered the tone i am looking for(especially my big struggle,channel 2)wanting a nice crisp clean channel...an ac/dc like punchy channel 2...and a meaty lead channel,what i have done is use the 6l6 el34 combo on simulclass....pentode for some extra punchyness...but recently i borrowed a boost and it made all the diff in the world for channel 2.could someone reccomend a resonably priced boost.the boost i borrowed was an ocd that is about $200.are the grande boosta pedals any good?also should i run on full power for even more drive?yes im an idiot...any input would be awesome.thanks guys.

If you use the boost only with the second channel and you set it in bypass when using clean and lead, be sure that the pedal you choose won't colour your tone (or degradate it) in a bad way when in bypass. Full Power mode will give you extra headroom and punch, not more distortion (which is mainly created in the preamp section).

Back