Sold my Rectoverb combo, now what!?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
Oh man, I thought I wanted to sell it.. But now that it's gone I REALLY miss it!! I still have a Tremoverb Head, so I'm still a boogie man but did I mention that I really miss my Rectoverb? It was a series II, should I get another ROV and make it a series I this time? I hear they're a bit warmer sounding. Or should I take the plunge and get a Tremoverb combo? Then I'd have 2 Tremoverbs though?

What do you guys think I should get (besides my head examined)? Don't say "Lonestar" or "F-series" not real fond of those, which boogie or even a "non-boogie" such as a Rivera or VHT? I've got about $1100 to spend, so it's gotta be a used amp. I even thought about getting a $500 modeling amp for the crappy gigs and trying to find a ROV for around $600 or save my money a few months and look for another ROV at that time with about $800.

buy my Stiletto.

Problem solved and you keep it in the Boogie family.

Yay!

:)

:shock: No, no, no.... I really want a combo and I'm not a huge Stiletto fan either.

I did check out an "Orange" Rockerverb amp and thought that was great but I didn't like the $2100 price tag attached to it. It sounded ALOT like a boogie.

Well, I just sent someone $100 to hold my new amp, until the money from my Rectoverb sale clears my PayPal account and I can send him the rest...... a 1994 Tremoverb combo. Found it on Harmony Central, I've bought several amps from there in the past, but I also got scammed out of $675 about 4 or 5 months ago and I hope to God I'm not going to get scammed again, but this guy seems pretty legit. I guess wish me luck!

Nope, never played through a T-verb combo before.... I have the head and a 2x12 and absolutely LOVE it!! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even seen a T-verb combo in person.

The one I'm getting is a '94 first run with serial FX loop (only one mix knob in the middle for both the send and return). It's got some tolex scuffs, but not too bad for an 11 year old amp. here's the pic he sent me:

main23zz.jpg

I just hope it still looks like this after shipping!!

Hey, I hope it turns out for you.. Wish I could get my hands on a trem, but perhaps its a little heavy for my tastes.

Out of curiosity, what mesa did the rockerverb sound like? The big pricetag kind of scared me away, but the tone is so tempting..

The Rockerverb sounded like a Rectifier series amp (Rectoverb combo to be more to the point) to my ears, but I couln't turn up too loud that day.. It has that "throaty" tone that mesa's do, it also has 2x12's. One thing I like more about Boogies it the fact that you can put some gain in your clean channel, but the Rockerverb is just clean with no gain, unless you turn up loud enough to make it break up otherwise it's clean for days (which some people like better). The clean channel only has treb and bass knobs and the distortion has treb, mid, bass and gain. There is also a master reverb knob and a master volume. I still wouldn't mind having one someday in the future when they're on ebay for $900. :lol:

Kewl picture, i like that aftermarket Mesa Engineering logo on it, i was thinking about putting a badge in the middle of mine but i dunno, i think it woudl lok funny sitting on the quad. I have the standered little badge in the corner, but that looks pritty smick. Wait till you play the combo through the 2x12 ;) that will be awsome, the combo will let out more treble sounds then the ext cab and makes a nice mix. Do you know where i woudl go abotu getting a genuin Mesa Engineering Badge like that????
Michael

Pick up a DC-10 or a DC-5 combo. They will do everything you need for most any type of music. I've played one of everything on the planet at some point but I'm on my second DC-5 and sold for life.

Latest posts

Back