• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD!!! Chrome Faced Dual Rectifier head, super cheap!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought this off of another BB member.
It needed some work, his friend had accidentally run it without a cab plugged in.

Rev. F, chrome face, Serial # 1313, original transformers that were only used on the 1st 1500 or so!
Tone for days!!!!

I got a good price on it, and repaired it. :D It really helps to be a Mesa tech!

It's got brand new power tubes, JJ E-34L's.
I also replaced all of the power & bias supply filter caps with direct replacements from Mesa!
I have installed Bias pot where the Slave Out pot used to be (no extra holes in the chassis!). I can remove the bias pot and return it back to stock if you want!

Don't know how old the preamp tubes are, but the guy I got it from said that he had just replaced them. Most of them are Mesa SPAX7's!

Everything works flawlessly on it.

It simply is not the sound I'm looking for. I love the distortions, but over half of the stuff I play is clean. I can't afford to keep this and get something else that I love the cleans on, so I'm gonna sell it.

I have the chance to buy my old DC-10 head back and I need to sell this amp to do it.

I have exactly $950 in it.
$950 + shipping (around $50, but I can give an exact quote if you email me a zip code)

I'll clear some questions :wink:

The preamp tubes are all Mesa SPAX7's purchased in January '08, and played frequently (no less than half an hour a day; some days up to 14 hours). The first tech I took the amp to removed the rubber around one of the tubes for some reason, but that won't affect the sound at all.
I took a lot of pride in the fact that the amp had the original Mark III transformers (my new revision F doesn't :( ). For the 18 months I had the amp, it was kept in a smoke-free environment (either my house or my band's practice space). When I first bought the amp, it had clearly been used and abused, and I cleaned it up a lot both internally and externally. After all of Andy's work on the amp, I would have to say he's insane for selling it for so cheap.

Aside from the amp, Andy is a great guy to deal with. Good luck on the sale mate :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290308668449

If anyone from here wants it, I will honor the price above. But, we will have to complete the sale outside of ebay to avoid the seller's fees.

Latest posts

Back