SOB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddy watt

Reaction score
Any1 no what this is worth? Just had it checked out by my Tech and it is in perfect working order. There do not seem to be many of these around and the few I have come across are combos. I plan to sell it, but I really can't a handle on what it is worth. It is in the Boston/New York area.

http://webpages.charter.net/wpttech/SOB/

Freddy Watt

That is probably not far off, I'd say. Typical price for a combo seems to be $450-$550. I don't think I've ever seen an S.O.B. in a long head configuration like this; if it's rare, it's possible that might increase the asking price somewhat to the $400-$450 range.

Down Under they move for a lot more, but having said that, most things Mesa cost a lot more here than across the pond.
I'd have thought up to $450-500ish, given a Mark II or III can he had for 8-odd hundred and up, dep on a myriad of factors.
The amp U posted looks nice, and nice and clean interior too.
DB

I had an acquaintance who was trying to sell a combo in better shape than that and he couldn't get $400 for it. The big thing is that SOBs don't really have a very good reputation for tone (not gonna comment on whether or not that's deserved.)

I'm late the the party but:

stokes said:
I wouldnt pay more than $300 to $350
agreed

CoG said:
I had an acquaintance who was trying to sell a combo in better shape than that and he couldn't get $400 for it. The big thing is that SOBs don't really have a very good reputation for tone (not gonna comment on whether or not that's deserved.)

agree with this as well.

Sorry but SOB's just aren't in high demand nor are they sought after....
They have often been considered to be the "red headed step child" of Mesa amps.

Still dont understand the reasoning for that "red headed step child" thing.I thought it was a great sounding amp.The lack of channel switching is an inconvenience,but at that time,channel switching wasnt all that common.A simple A/B switch took care of that for me.They are also very well built amps,and,in my opinion anyways,a great buy.You get a good sounding Mesa amp at much less than a MKI,II,etc.

Back