So Monsta, On a DC-10 can you...?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lockbody

Reaction score
Make its ch1 more like a DC-5A's ch1? Y'know, low headroom and hairy. I was thinking a 100w of what I have now with my DC-5 A might just be the best thing ever, but I love the DC-5A's ch1, and don't want to give it up for the "twin-like" cleans that the 5B's and DC-10's have (I have a Pro Reverb, I don't need a Twin, LOL).

Hi Bob,

:lol: Yup, when I had the DC10 I thought it "out-Twinned a Twin" ...massive cleans there, in a great way. But just not me :)

I don't know the definitive answer to this; only actually trying it would tell you if it got you "close enough." But any use or combination of 12at7 and/or 5751 tubes in the PI, V1, and V4 positions will probably get you there. Again, only you can decide whether it is close enough to where you want to be. And there are lots of different combinations to try with "only" these I've mentioned. I am willing to bet, however, that an at7 in the PI would put you a solid step in the right direction. If you like this, then address the V4. I love the 5751 here, but maybe even lower to an at7 would sound more to your liking (or even an ay7). FWIW, careful with gaining down the V1, though, as that will affect your Lead channel's gain, so when you swap, check that your ch2 didn't change to your dislike.

Edward

edward said:
Hi Bob,

:lol: Yup, when I had the DC10 I thought it "out-Twinned a Twin" ...massive cleans there, in a great way. But just not me :)

Edward

Me either. I think I'm about to find out what a DC-10 with the 5A's clean sound sounds like. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back