Slight Mark V face lift.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Reaction score
I know some may claim blasphemy and call me a heretic but I simply couldnt stand the plastic knobs that came stock on my mark V. I had one break in half when trying to adjust one. I did a little research and found who actually makes mesa's knobs for their rectifier amps and I got me a full set of 23 (front and back). Not a huge change but I like the look and feel much better. Only downside is I now have a pile of plastic knobs with no use for them, lol. But here is a little before and after. If anyone wants to know the knobs are made by penn elcom. I believe they are made in the uk out of solid brass. You can get them in chrome or black and they make aluminum as well for the lightweight guys. Standard dot color is the brass underneath.

before

peavey015.jpg

after

Picture017.jpg

I would like to see some chrome knobs on that V, imagine if they had anodized aluminum colored knobs, might be an option....

gummx97 said:
I would like to see some chrome knobs on that V, imagine if they had anodized aluminum colored knobs, might be an option....

I was going to go chrome but I didnt want to have the amp look like it was trying to be a recto. I felt the black stayed more consistent with its original look but just more refined.

Do the Mark V knobs extend out past the cabinet edge like the Mark IV's does?

Personally I hate how the MK IV knobs stick out too far - makes them too vulnerable to being snapped off.
Mesa just installed a bunch of new pots for me that got snapped off. Its the only thing about this amp I don't like.

I know I could buy/build a heavy case for it to prevent that but I need this thing to be as portable as possible (in and out of car constantly).

I intend to devise some protection device that will work with the amps soft cover.

How will you live without the "Indicator LInes"?

Your knobs look nice man.

The original knobs arent dont stick out that much. The new ones dont either but they seem like it since they are skinnier. As for the lines its not bad. The knobs are the exact same ones boogie uses on the back of their amps and they are the black versions of what comes on rectos. This is one of them up close. They are penn elcom knobs which mesa seems to be a fan of using.

See, instead of the line you have a little gold dot. I wouldnt be able to have non indicator knobs on the amp.

240-209_s.jpg

Latest posts

Back