Simul-Class Crunch Berries

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Block

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've never seen any decent pics of a 15" DRG C+ anywhere on the net. I had my amp taken apart, so I thought it would be a good time to shoot a few pics and let those who appreciate such a thing check it out.

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

Very nice amp. I'm always willing to buy just in case. :mrgreen:

Nice amp ;-)
The 15" implies it was, or was going to be a widebody combo.
The 15" refers to the 15" speaker (likely an EVM-15L) that would have been in the widebody combo.

Actually after looking at the head cab it probably was a widebody combo at one time.
Somebody swapped it into a long head cab somewhere along the way. (Smart move - the thing probably weighed in at around 100 lbs)
The head cab is a for a MkIII. (The type of logo/ plaque is what gives it's vintage away.)

Actually, it was ordered and delivered as a loaded 15" head with matching 4x12 from Mesa (I have all the original receipts).

Yeah, Mesa used that style of logo on long heads even when they were using the "Boogie" badge on short heads and combos. The little "Boogie" badge looks kind of stupid on a long head.

Big Block said:
Actually, it was ordered and delivered as a loaded 15" head with matching 4x12 from Mesa (I have all the original receipts).
There is no such thing as a 15" head
Think about it, what does the 15" refer to? Not the chassis as that chassis is about 20 inches wide.
It was likely a chassis shell they marked for for use in widebody combo with a 15" speaker.
Mesa never wasted anything, so I'd guess the original order was cancelled by the buyer and when your order came in they used that chassis.

Big Block said:
I think it might be one of the last C+'s made too...

Might be true but Ian has 15000 and outside of Ian's we haven't seen any above 14,400
What's the serial number of yours (only can see 14xxx in the pic)?

Whoopysnorp said:
Yeah, Mesa used that style of logo on long heads even when they were using the "Boogie" badge on short heads and combos. The little "Boogie" badge looks kind of stupid on a long head.
Looking back at pics there are plenty of IIC, IIC+ long heads with the "Boogie" logo on them.
None of them look stupid to me ;-)

014_14.jpg

MikesColiseum49_resize.jpg

Same Head in this thread http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62702
with the chassis loaded
DSC00082_zpsa143e73c.jpg

SmIICColiseum03.jpg

CLongHead-retolex.jpg

boogie1-1.jpg

And here's a couple of 15" Mark IIB Widebody combos with the "Boogie" logo

BigBrother1.jpg

MarkIIBWidebodyHardwood-05.jpg

Well I stand corrected! :wink:
But not all got the 15" to designate it was long chassis.
As BB's post said "it could" get a 15" but that doesn't mean that all long chassis did get the 15" designation....

Fwiw here's a widebody chassis with no 15" designation

SmIICColiseum28.jpg

The short heads are 18 3/4", the long heads are 23", correct?

Oh, my bad, that is for the III's

That is a badass head for sure!

Nice amp. Why the Simul-Class OT and correct power tube wiring but front panel is "full" and "1/2" power? Is that typical? I'm currently having a love/hate thing with my fully loaded MII B combo.

Guitfiddle said:
Nice amp. Why the Simul-Class OT and correct power tube wiring but front panel is "full" and "1/2" power? Is that typical? I'm currently having a love/hate thing with my fully loaded MII B combo.

The long chassis heads (100&Simul) have used the same face plates on occasion. My amp was made with all the extra stuff laying around at the end of production, so that would be why.

Guitfiddle said:

Very typical in fact those front panels are all they used on long heads.
So on those amps that are Simuls it's really a misnomer to have it labelled "full" and "1/2" power.
For a IIC+ long head it's really 15 watts or 75 watts.

The 15 watt or "1/2 Power" setting is all I use, live and in the studio. The amp is insanely loud at 15 watts and stupid loud at full power. I love it.

gts said:
Looking back at pics there are plenty of IIC, IIC+ long heads with the "Boogie" logo on them.
None of them look stupid to me ;-)

I stand corrected!

Latest posts

Back