sick mkIIb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry the Horder

Reaction score
I just need confirmation rather than risking blowing my amp up :lol:
In a nut shell I have carried out a complete cap job and the BIAS mod and fitted a set of SV6L6GC (svetlana's) what setting should I go for on BIAS? to fine tune it??
That's not the main problem. On completing all this when I fired it up :cry: no volume unless flat out :cry: :x I have spent ages going through every thing and found nothing amiss until finally :idea: I think a link wire is missing that goes from the Pre-amp out/PWR amp in socket to the trace on the output board that links up to a .1 cap then onto pin 2 of V5A it is only about half an inch long hence missing it until today can anyone out there confirm this to be correct? you'll make an old man very happy. If you want to see how old go to youtube and look up 6TS Eight days a week. Don't Laugh!!! Thanks in advance Harry.
Keep rockin!!

Hey Harry. I've been reading your threads as I'm always interested in DIY. Can't help you unfortunately. Hope somebody else will. Perhaps try to PM Stokes, Monsta-Tone, Restless Rocks or Boogiebabies (list in no order whatsoever). Good luck!

Harry,

I would clean the slave pot and test the amp again. If that does not work, I would try using the pre/pwr out to another amp to try and narrow down if this is a preamp or poweramp issue. Trying another speaker may help too.

thanks for your valuable input boogiebabies.
I have cleaned all pots and re soldered a link wire from the pre/power input to the said trace going to the .1 cap thenon to pin 2 of the PI/driver valve and all is working fine when I turn up the drive gain or the third control from the right it brings in a slight hum is this normal for boogies? it is not that loud and every thing checks out OK maybe I'm just being over careful.Harry

Bump, is simply bringing the thread back to the top, to hopefully get you some help. Looks like it worked :)

Back