Show me yer hardwood!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpepiman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm considering getting a Mark IV hardwood/wicker, but I'm having a tough time. I can't find any used Mark IV harwoods so that would mean I may end up buying a new one for $1950+ whatever the hardwood costs+tax, and that may add up to a real lot. Convince me!!! Show me pics of your beautiful hardwoods, it doesn't have to be a MK IV, just show me!!!

Hopefully this thread will have some beautiful pics.

Thanks guys,

-Alan

I'll start, not very good pictures. I am always in too much of a rush to get it right. In the first picture the cane actually matches better then it looks here. The speaker cab is solid Bubinga I thought the head cab was when I made the speaker cab but they aren't a perfect match. The second picture was taken purely as a record shot not a glamor shot. The cab in the second shot is solid purpleheart that wood is totally unstained. I want to strip the urethane and refinish it in oil this summer :wink:

WhiteDelBoogie.jpg

_1010208copy.jpg

908ssp said:
I'll start, not very good pictures. I am always in too much of a rush to get it right. In the first picture the cane actually matches better then it looks here. The speaker cab is solid Bubinga I thought the head cab was when I made the speaker cab but they aren't a perfect match. The second picture was taken purely as a record shot not a glamor shot. The cab in the second shot is solid purpleheart that wood is totally unstained. I want to strip the urethane and refinish it in oil this summer :wink:

http://home.comcast.net/~908ssp/WhiteDelBoogie.jpg

[im]

Very nice man. What is the configuration of that cabinet?

I want a dark color I think, like Bubinga or Imbuya. Does anyone know how much extra it is for the hardwood+wicker grill?

Also, how much does the Mark IV weigh approximately? All my tube combos weigh a lot but I heard the Mark IV is extra heavy.

Keep the pics coming guys!

for my dual rec i asked for hardwood and it was quoted at around 400 i believe. notice, i was also getting a discount on the thing! (dont ask how). so i assume it may be like 600 extra?

Oh well, if it is that much, I'll have to wait around ebay for used.

Keep the beautiful pics coming, please they're beautiful.

One other thing, there are custom hardwood Marks, such as this:

http://mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=391

Does that mean that the Mesa direct store has this exact one in stock that I could call up and order direct from them? Discounted any?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/PRS-Ian/FiveBoogies.jpg

Clockwise, mk2C in maple, mk2C+ & extension cab in imbuya, mk2C in maple, mk3 blue stripe in imbuya and mk3 blue stripe in white tolex.
Ian

alpepiman said:
You wouldn't happen to be selling any of them, would you?
The MK3 in the white tolex got sold last summer to feed my Boogie adiction and the MK2C (far right) my bass guitarist has now got. The rest are staying with me I'm afraid. The other Mk2C, Mike B is currently casting his magic over it. :D
Ian

Latest posts

Back