Should i be tempted to get a custom mark IV.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam02

Reaction score
Im juggling with the idea of getting a custom mark IV short head, you know with exotic hardwood and wicker cane grille. Im from the UK and it would be a heck of a lot cheaper to import and get it serviced to work in the UK. and i think i could make a profit on selling it if i needed to, here in the UK.

Is it worth it to get custom? and which hardwood do you recommend to go with wicker cane grille. 8)

I think that if you were to get it in a custom enclosure it would provide a base by which to retain some of the value that you spent. Also if you had it built or modded to run on your UK power then it would definitely be worth it to your countrymen should you ever decide to sell it. In the meantime you would be able to run it without having to use any form of power transformer or converter. Also the custom enclosures are nicer if not like furniture.

Custom is nice but I think the wood and wicker is a bit overdone. I'd try wood and colored grille or some exotic leather with wicker or colored grille. I ordered mine and wanted to go all out but the expense kept me at the black vinyl and gold grille. :wink:

I've got a MarkIV Short Head in Black vinyl but i have to say the Hardwood and Wicker Cane Grille is a World Top Class Amp, if i haden't mine (and if i had the money) i'll surelly go for this one

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=120

Back