Made my own wicker grill for a Mark V:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgbstrat

Reaction score
Looked into getting a replacement wicker grill for a Mark V:25 head. They wanted $300!, Custom order app (no longer available) showed as $139 at time of build. Could have lived with that price, but $300 is a little ridiculous. So found cane webbing on Amazon for $13 and some trim material for less than $10 and crafted my own. I know the best approach would have been to remove the original black cloth and piping (which is really just a trim edge), but thought I would try putting it over top first to see how it would come out. I know the Boogie logo is a little low as it was hard to locate the original screw holes once the wicker was added. Not perfect, but not too bad.

Mesa with wicker.jpg

Looks great! I am doing the same for the Mark IIb head I am building. I read that soaking the wicker in warm water for a short time helps stretch it. Currently the Kane is not laying flat on the front of the board I made so I may take if and try the warm water approach.

Looked into getting a replacement wicker grill for a Mark V:25 head. They wanted $300!, Custom order app (no longer available) showed as $139 at time of build. Could have lived with that price, but $300 is a little ridiculous. So found cane webbing on Amazon for $13 and some trim material for less than $10 and crafted my own. I know the best approach would have been to remove the original black cloth and piping (which is really just a trim edge), but thought I would try putting it over top first to see how it would come out. I know the Boogie logo is a little low as it was hard to locate the original screw holes once the wicker was added. Not perfect, but not too bad.

View attachment 591
DIY if you can't find what you want. I like that approach!

Looks great! I am doing the same for the Mark IIb head I am building. I read that soaking the wicker in warm water for a short time helps stretch it. Currently the Kane is not laying flat on the front of the board I made so I may take if and try the warm water approach.
Warm water is the way to go. Don't be afraid to let it soak for a few hours. I wouldn't try to stretch it too much though. It's too easy to lose the original wicker pattern if you stretch it. But soaking it will make it more pliable. Then let it completely dry in place. Good luck, sounds like a fun project!!

Latest posts

Back