Scored a MarkIV widebody combo at GC.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
For $950. And it's in very good shape. I just took some Armour-All to the tolex and it cleaned right up. I was going to pick something up since my III will be at Boogie for a while getting fixed and i originally thought about buying and selling this later on, but I'm very pleased with it.

And i hooked up an Avatar Vintage 2x12 loaded with H30's and it sounded really good. It was a bit punchier and tighter than the combo by itself, but i still like the combo's tone. I'll be making some clips soon for sure.

JimAnsell said:
was it that one in peoria, Il?

No, it was here in NJ. And after a few days with it I'm VERY VERY pleased with it. I usually just play at low volume at home anyway but i swear i have it dialed in to sound a lot like a head on a 4x12, but at very low volumes.

And i am filling in for a friends band soon and I'm really glad i got the IV because i can really cover a lot of tones.

psychodave said:
Nice score. I thought about getting another Mark IV, but version B.

Hey Dave, I'm having such bad luck with Boogies. I sent that combo back today. The clean channel was fucked up, i didn't notice it at first but the master volume on the clean didn't work. The GC guy was trying to play it off like it worked ok, but i was able to return it. That's my 2nd MarkIV in the past 6 months that fucked up on me.

I'm filling in for a show in August and i need a clean channel. PLaying in Keyport at a bar called the Bulkhead. But, after yesterday i wasn't too happy with the overdrive tone from the 1x12 combo. I hooked it up to my Avatar 2x12 and it sounded better to the point where i wasn't going to play it through the combo's speaker anymore. The combo sounds good at low volumes, but louder, it just looses some focus IMHO, that's where i like the head/cab setup better.

GC likes to play dumb. Mine also had a Mark IV combo for $750....a seeming steal to anyone...

Fire it up....all the pots are scratchy, and the master cuts out every turn. Obviously needed to be heavily serviced...it was an old amp.

Hope all turns out well for you.

danyeo1 said:
psychodave said:
Nice score. I thought about getting another Mark IV, but version B.

Hey Dave, I'm having such bad luck with Boogies. I sent that combo back today. The clean channel was f%&# up, i didn't notice it at first but the master volume on the clean didn't work. The GC guy was trying to play it off like it worked ok, but i was able to return it. That's my 2nd MarkIV in the past 6 months that f%&# up on me.

I'm filling in for a show in August and i need a clean channel. PLaying in Keyport at a bar called the Bulkhead. But, after yesterday i wasn't too happy with the overdrive tone from the 1x12 combo. I hooked it up to my Avatar 2x12 and it sounded better to the point where i wasn't going to play it through the combo's speaker anymore. The combo sounds good at low volumes, but louder, it just looses some focus IMHO, that's where i like the head/cab setup better.

OUCH. I will keep my eye out for one for ya... 8)

Latest posts

Back