Roctron Hush C Failed Experiment

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelch

Reaction score
I play with alot of gain and decided to try the rocktron hush c and wasnt happy at all with it. I was using it as the only piece in the effects loop on my single rec. I was next going to try the ISP decimator in the rack version. Am I going to be frustrated trying to use this in a parallel loop or will it work as advertised?

chelch said:
Am I going to be frustrated trying to use this in a parallel loop or will it work as advertised?
Most likely. Do not get me wrong, the ISP Decimator works really well; however, its the parallel loop in your amp that would frustrate you. Because it is parallel, there will still be an un-affected (dry) signal being mixed in with your affected signal. Depending on the effects mix capability of your amp, if you can get a 100% affected mix, then you might not be as frustrated. Some amps, even at a 100% effects mix setting still lets some dry signal to bleed through. YMMV

Thanks for the input man. That leads me to me next question. Should I get my fx loop modified or should I just go with the pedal version of the ISP? Is the pedal version any different?

Right now my rack would consist of a korg rack tuner and the isp and that it. Maybe I should just ditch the whole rack idea and just get a normal tuner and the ips pedal. What do you guys think?

The ISP Decimator pedal has the same noise reduction technology as the rackmount version. I got mine to use with my Triaxis, before I got my RKII. The Triaxis has some preamp noise in the high gain settings. My idea was to feed the preamp with a clean signal to minimize the high gain noise, by not introducing any additional noise from the guitar. The pedal worked well in that respect, the noise is minimized, not completely gone but more tolerable. The Pro Rack G offers some additional functionality that would allow you to gate the pre and post preamp signals. Ideally, I would get the loop modded to be a true serial loop. Then, with a Pro Rack G, the first stage is for the guitar signal, the second stage is for the loop. Depending on how much noise you can tolerate, the pedal might suffice.

Latest posts

Back