Roadster Effects Help - I'm looking into pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

negan1

Reaction score
I have an old DOD Ice Box chorus - sounds great haven't tried with roadster yet though.
Also a PW-10 Wah pedal by Boss sounds great still haven't used with Roadster.
But I want a Delay, and volume control.

I'm looking at Ernie Ball 25k stereo to use mono for volume.
And Dunlop Carbon Copy
Is that good?
Should I get all these true bypass as well or does the roadster have a built in buffer?
What kind of FX loop is the Roadster and what's the difference between series and parallel FX loops? What's the purpose of mine?
Thanks for your time and help.
I want to stay away from Rack.
I'm not a beginner but I'm not pro.
Also whats a good pedal board sized for two expression and two stomp?

The Roadster has a series FX loop which I reckon is more useable IMHO.

A series loop is like a complete break between pre an power amp, the whole signal leaves the preamp, through your FX pedals and back to the power amp.
A parallel loop sends some signal out to the pedals and some of the signal passes straight through with a level control (the mix knob) to adjust the amount accordingly (so you get wet and dry signal mixed).

Ciao ...

I used a DOD Chorus but later switched for a MXR Stereo Chorus, I also use the Carbon Copy Delay pedal and I think that is great. I use the Chorus out front and the Delay in the loop.

right now its just about the money im trying to keep costs down AMAP
All I really wanna buy right now is a volume and Carbon Copy

I'll look into the others later.
Sorry if that makes me sound like a jerk.
But yeah, what order should I put everything in?
Guitar > Volume > Wah > Amp > Send > Chorus > Delay > Return > Black Shadow :D
Input welcome.
I'm a n00b at all this
my apologies

I bought the Carbon Copy Delay pedal and it's a very good delay unit for the price. It has a modulation button which adds that nice gooey layered delay effect but it's only a one trick pony because it's analog but it fills the bill for what I need ( I also have a Boss GT-8 which has digital delay so I just kick in the Carbon Copy Delay when I don't want to have go scrolling through banks looking for the right patch). A digital delay like the Boss DD-7 might give you more options if you want several different types of delay.

The TC Nova Delay is small and relatively cheap and offers 8 presets. I have just recieved mine and cant wait to try it but it looks very flexible and not too complex.

negan1,

Since your amp has a series loop, you won't have the problem of not being able to run digital effects through it. That's a very good thing since you have twice as many options. The order of effects that you described is spot on. Volume and filter effects, such as a wah, are best up front before the amp. Modulation, delay and reverb effects are designed to come after the preamp and so sound best in the loop.

whiteop mentioned that he thought his Carbon Copy pedal was a one-trick pony because it was analog. It should be noted that, generally, good analog delays are still as much, if not more, preferred for recording use over digitals because of their more realistic decay tone characteristics. Many recording artists happily gave up their digital racks in favor of the warmer, more realistic tones of a good old-fashioned analog delay stomp box, both for studio and stage. In fact, only relatively recently have digital effects evolved to the point where they can rival the warmth and realism of a good analog unit.

It is possible these days to find acceptable tone from a digital delay pedal, and Boss makes some good ones. t.c. electronics doesn't make any junk, but some of their products can be relatively more expensive, though they are almost always worth it. The Carbon Copy has received some very good reviews, so if you are happy with its tone, go for it. There's nothing wrong with a pedal that does one thing exceptionally well, especially compared to many multi-effects units that do a hundred different things in a completely mediocre fashion.

Back