Roadster Clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredster

Reaction score
Hey gang, some clips of my new Roadster!

All done with an SM57 into a Digi 002R at various locations in front of a 2x12 Recto cab. The reverb is on most of the clean clips, but for some reason it didn't get picked up nearly as loud as it was in the room.

Les Paul Standard w/BurstBuckers:

Ch 1 Clean - Your basic neck pickup clean.
Ch 1 Tweed - Nice tweedy crunch.
Ch 2 Brit - Getcher AC/DC here.
Ch 3 Vintage - Little harder now...
Ch 4 Vintage - Recto!

Strat (54th Ann. Series):

Ch 1 Clean - Some quaky chords.
Ch 1 Clean - Neck pickup goodness.
Ch 2 Brit - That not quite clean Marshally kinda clean.
Ch 3 Vintage(w/ VoodooLabs Micro Vibe) - Kinda Trower.

All these were played at very loud send-the-family-out-shopping-so-daddy-can-play levels.

Enjoy!

Very nice my friend. You certainly have some chops. Sounds awesome as well, keep it up...just need some heavier tones with some modern settings :twisted: haha.

-AJH

It sounds Great. I was kinda afraid the clean channel wouldnt be my thing but it sounds great! cant wait till I get mine!!!

And more high gain clips would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Nocki

Nice clips, the clean ones sounded very glassy, but did not really have the sparkle. I have a strange suspicion that it was because of the recording though, especially if it didn't pick up much reverb. I especially like your classic rock-ish tones, with the breakup.

More hi-gain clips would be great, but judging from the clips, you really aren't the type of person to use that much bone crushing-esque tones, anyway.

Anyway, all that said, very nice clips, and more would be appreciated by all! :D Thanks for posting!

Hehe... tough room!

Nelg said:
Nice clips, the clean ones sounded very glassy, but did not really have the sparkle. I have a strange suspicion that it was because of the recording though, especially if it didn't pick up much reverb.

Definately the recording - there's sparkle out the wazoo with this amp. Although you might not want your wazoo to sparkle, hey we don't judge here.

Nelg also said:
More hi-gain clips would be great, but judging from the clips, you really aren't the type of person to use that much bone crushing-esque tones, anyway.

Oooo ya cut me deep, man. I love to crush bones, I was just trying to show the many sides of this amp. I figured the Recto sounds were a given! But ok, ok I hear ya.

Just did these at very low kids-sleeping-upstairs-running-dryer-15-ft-away levels with the SM57 again:

LP:
Ch 4 Vintage - New and improved, with even more gain!

A '78 "The SG":

Ch 4 Modern - Ahh, there we go. Happy now!? Geez.

ChrisRocksUSA said:
excellent tones, care to share your brit settings?
Sure, got 'em from the manual. :) Same as the Road King manual Brit Grind. The BurstBuckers on the LP are very bright, so that sample was a starting point.

MesaENGR412 - gotta tell ya that chrome chassis, black diamond thing definately works. You order that special or luck into it?

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it! :)

:lol: I didn't mean it in a bad way, or anything, it's just what I figured, since you posted a lot of clean/mid gain clips - you are a great guitarist! I especially liked the tweed & strat clips. BY THE WAY, My wazoo sparkles nicely, thank you very much.

Ok, <end kissing of ***>

Nelg said:
:lol: I didn't mean it in a bad way, or anything, it's just what I figured, since you posted a lot of clean/mid gain clips - you are a great guitarist! I especially liked the tweed & strat clips. BY THE WAY, My wazoo sparkles nicely, thank you very much.

Ok, <end kissing of ***>

lol! No worries, I'm just a wise *** at heart. Seriously though, is that the kinda gain your looking for? I want to make sure folks get the right idea about this amp. :)

fred you ever try an attenuator with your rig?

I'd love to hear a cranked modern tone 8)

btw - congrats on the amp, sounds wonderful!

Thanks Fredster. Glad you like it my friend. I ordered it from a local dealer with those options added to it. Got it b/c it was different from the std. Chrome/black chassis(which alotta people have).....gigged with several other bands and gone to some concerts and never seen one like it yet!

-AJH

p.s. your Avator is friggin awesome haha

Dude!! I forgot to mention anything about the new clips!! haha, those are awesome- I really dig the metallica-style riff haha Nice work my friend

ChrisRocksUSA said:
fred you ever try an attenuator with your rig?
I'd love to hear a cranked modern tone 8)
btw - congrats on the amp, sounds wonderful!

Thanks! 5th Boogie's the charm I guess :)

Actually, I have a HotPlate. Don't seem to need it much with this amp though. Whith the fx loop on, I can set a low volume with the Output control and when I get the channels masters to about 11:00 + it starts to break up just like it was cranked. The darndest thing. If I cut the loop out and only use the channel masters, I get the same breakup with the attenuator.

MesaENGR412 said:
Thanks Fredster. Glad you like it my friend. I ordered it from a local dealer with those options added to it. Got it b/c it was different from the std. Chrome/black chassis(which alotta people have).....gigged with several other bands and gone to some concerts and never seen one like it yet!

Oh that's worth it. There's a pic buried on the Mesa site showing that option, but it's a teeny pic. Looks better bigger!

Couldn't resist the avatar. :)

fredster said:
Nelg said:

Ok, <end kissing of ***>

lol! No worries, I'm just a wise *** at heart. Seriously though, is that the kinda gain your looking for? I want to make sure folks get the right idea about this amp. :)

:D I'm not really looking for a specific gain tone, because I can see myself using many different gain tones. I'm not going to copy anyone's tone (well, I'll try not to :oops: ), but I'll say that I really dig Petrucci's guitar tone in Pull Me Under at the Live at Budokan. I really like Mark IV tones and Rectifier tones, so I'm just going to be trying to dial in something aggressive in the mid-range, with that semi-tight huge low end.

Fred,

Thanks to you, it looks like my bank account is going to about another $1,800 lighter soon. :oops:

Great clips. Thanks for posting... :lol:

Nelg said:
but I'll say that I really dig Petrucci's guitar tone in Pull Me Under at the Live at Budokan.

YES!

that tone is the reason I pulled the trigger on my boogie!

still haven't found how to get it, I'm hoping I will figure it out with the help of an attenuator.

Very Nice! I really enjoyed the "Ch 3 Vintage - Little harder now..." I was grinning from ear to ear! care to share those settings? I can't help to hear a lot of the Road King (I know basically the same amp). Great stuff!

Wow that amp sounds great. I loved the heavier stuff adn the lp ch3 vintage bark at the moon. I am hurtin now. I dont know if i want to sell the modded dual recto for one yet but it sounds like its gonna happen. All of those channels sound great and that amp has to be so versatile. Personally if i were to buy I new mesa a dr and tr would be out of the question now since the roadster is here. BTW very solid playing :D

Latest posts

Back