Roadster Cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
I own a Road King II. I have a Recto 2x12. How and why is the Roadster 2x12 so much smaller with the same exact speakers?!

I dunno. I just got a roadster and brought home a recto cab. The roadster cab pretty much is the same width of the head and from what I read here has less bass. It's about 10 lbs. lighter, so I'm waiting for a roadster cab to try (nice guys at my shop!). 8)

kingster911 said:
I own a Road King II. I have a Recto 2x12. How and why is the Roadster 2x12 so much smaller with the same exact speakers?!

I really think those cabs are designed for the Stiletto. They are the exact same dimensions as the Stiletto 2X12 cabs (check out the latest Mesa catalog) . You might consider just using the recto cab 2X12 with the Roadster

Barry said:
kingster911 said:

I really think those cabs are designed for the Stiletto. They are the exact same dimensions as the Stiletto 2X12 cabs (check out the latest Mesa catalog) . You might consider just using the recto cab 2X12 with the Roadster
They're designed for th Stiletto and their called the Roadster? I don't know, the roadster combo is a closed back combo and I liked the sound of it. The cab is close to that size.
For my taste, the recto is too bassy.

The Roadster amps were voiced for cabinet dimensions like that of the Roadster and Stiletto series.

kingster911 said:
Mr. You =most believable. Aren't the RECTO cabs called Stiletto cabs now?

Nope, they are different. The Stiletto cabs are a bit smaller than the Recto cabs.

Check this out.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/GuitarCabinets.html

hmmmmm... stiletto dimensions same as roadster, but 2 lbs lighter. How can that be?

kingster911 said:
Mr. You =most believable. Aren't the RECTO cabs called Stiletto cabs now?

The recto standard is the new recto cab
The old recto traditional cab is now called the Stiletto cab

^per a conversation with Kris Dilbeck

OT- Anybody got an idea how long it takes to get a cab when ordered?

My guess is a standard cabinet (with no options) probably won't take that long (couple weeks or so?). I think any combo or cabinet with an option will take around 3 months. Just guessing.

Mr_You said:
My guess is a standard cabinet (with no options) probably won't take that long (couple weeks or so?). I think any combo or cabinet with an option will take around 3 months. Just guessing.
Thanks, one week down.

Back