Roadster 1x12 combo has landed!! UPDATED - Clips ADDED!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to find time to record clips.....But everytime the kids go away, my wife drags me out Christmas shopping!!

I'll try to find some time soon to atleast recrod the clean channel since channels 3 and 4 are pretty much the same as the Road King channels 3 & 4 and the Dual and Triple channels 2 & 3.

Yo Tele!

Can you do me a small favor and measure your footswitch so I know the dimensions? I don't think I have enough room on my board to velcro it down, but the WxD would be nice to know...........

Thanks in advance if ya see this...................... :D

I won't be home until later tonight, but I'll try to remember to measure it tonight or tomorrow sometime. Worst case senerio, I play Saturday and if I forget, I'll probably remember when I have it out on Saturday.... But I'll try to get it to you in the next day or two.

Just a FYI:

I messed around with the Brit mode some more with a humbucker guitar and I really like that mode quite a bit more now and have a new found respect for that mode on the Roadster. It definately MATTERS what guitar you use and single coils just don't push the Brit mode hard enough, but my X2N sure does! Even with 6L6's in it, it gets in to Marshall territory pretty convincingly...... I didn't try the EL34's in 'er, but I can only imagine how much more "brit" it'll sound.

So...... In order to get my single coils to sound like that, I dug out my Seymour Duncan pickup booster and I'm gonna boost it about 10-15db and put the SC>HB switch on (fattens up single coils). I''m gonna try that this weekend.

Holy Kwap!

7 button switch correct or is it an 8 switch? That thing definitely can't go on my pedal board LOL..

Thanks Merc............

8 button switch:

4 channels
reverb
tuner/mute
fx loop
solo

It's like having to choose your favorite kid when you're trying to make room on your board.. :(

The weight difference is about 30 or 40 pounds, but the Road King was easier to handle with the 2 side handles. The Roadster only has the one handle on the top - which wasn't too smart on Boogies part since this amp still weighs in at over 80 or 90 pounds.

Just FYI, I guess this may be on newer cabinets, but I was glad to see my Roadster 1x12 came with side handles.

Clips are here: http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=59372#59372

Or the direct link is www.guitartest.moonfruit.com on the Roadster page.

Sorry they are so sloppy, just me plunkin' around.

Nice clips Tele, what happened to back in black? I was about ready to play along :lol:

I have the same feelings on the brit, I light up my Humbucker and it helps, I don't think the humbucker (fender DH1 or something)I have is the greatest but it goes well with the hotter singles so.............

What are you running in Ch.4? I have CH.3 on modern for now and Ch.4 on Vintage. Basically I'm tuning each channel to sound different. Funny this is all on BOLD too, I havn't really dropped her into SPONGY yet.

Oh and give me your wattage settings one more time. Once again nice clips thanks for taking the time to do them........

Dude, sweet site!! You got it going on!!Did I hear some Cult in there??? I appreciate how you displayed how killer sounding and versatile the Roadster is.I didnt want it to end I was havin fun listenin to the collage of music you were playin. Outstanding! Have A Great X-mas!!

shnapper said:
Nice clips Tele, what happened to back in black? I was about ready to play along :lol:

I have the same feelings on the brit, I light up my Humbucker and it helps, I don't think the humbucker (fender DH1 or something)I have is the greatest but it goes well with the hotter singles so.............

What are you running in Ch.4? I have CH.3 on modern for now and Ch.4 on Vintage. Basically I'm tuning each channel to sound different. Funny this is all on BOLD too, I havn't really dropped her into SPONGY yet.

Oh and give me your wattage settings one more time. Once again nice clips thanks for taking the time to do them........

Thanks!!

I've got channel 4 set to Raw and it is really "saggy" and tightens up great with a Tubescreamer. I use this for more of the less heavy stuff, classic rock-ish stuff.

My wattage settings are (all in spongy mode):
Ch 1 - 50 wts - Tweed
ch 2 - 50 wts - Brit (pushed with my Seymour Duncan pickup booster)
ch 3 - 100wts - Vintage (my heavy channel)
ch 4 - 50 wts - Raw

I love my Roadster 2x12
GiggingRig.jpg

Holy cow, nice axe collection there bluesman, is that a Victoria or a Fender on top?

tele_jas said:
Clips are here: http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=59372#59372

Or the direct link is www.guitartest.moonfruit.com on the Roadster page.

Sorry they are so sloppy, just me plunkin' around.

Nice job with the sound clips ... gives me a real good idea about the range of this amp.

Question ... Would this amp be able to produce those tones at lower volumes for practice at home?

Refer to my other post for music styles I am interested in covering and guitars I use: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9040

Latest posts

Back