Roadster 1x12 combo has landed!! UPDATED - Clips ADDED!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manasta said:
tele_jas said:
Clips are here: http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=59372#59372

Or the direct link is www.guitartest.moonfruit.com on the Roadster page.

Sorry they are so sloppy, just me plunkin' around.

Nice job with the sound clips ... gives me a real good idea about the range of this amp.

Question ... Would this amp be able to produce those tones at lower volumes for practice at home?

Refer to my other post for music styles I am interested in covering and guitars I use: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9040

Those clips were recorded at a fairly moderate level.... a little louder than "bedroom" level, but still not loud enough to bother my kids in the next room watching cartoons on TV... The louder I had the amp, the "warmer" it sounded, but it wasn't enough difference to stop me from posting these clips. At first I could tell the differnece, then I went back a few days later and I really couldn't tell which clip was recroded loud and which was recorded at the softer volume.

Hope that helps?

Hey tele_jas I really enjoyed your clips.
Do you or have you used a HotPlate or attenuator with your Roadster? If so is there much difference or do you even need one with the MV control?

Thanks!

Mercury25 said:
Hey tele_jas I really enjoyed your clips.
Do you or have you used a HotPlate or attenuator with your Roadster? If so is there much difference or do you even need one with the MV control?

Thanks!

Never used one, sorry I can't help there.

Those clips were recorded at a fairly moderate level.... a little louder than "bedroom" level, but still not loud enough to bother my kids in the next room watching cartoons on TV... The louder I had the amp, the "warmer" it sounded, but it wasn't enough difference to stop me from posting these clips. At first I could tell the differnece, then I went back a few days later and I really couldn't tell which clip was recroded loud and which was recorded at the softer volume.

Hope that helps?

That helps alot ... thanks.

What's the name of your band? I'd like to hear more of your playing in context. I'm a country/rock tele player and really respect your insight into the whole guitar/amp thing.

stash49 said:
What's the name of your band? I'd like to hear more of your playing in context. I'm a country/rock tele player and really respect your insight into the whole guitar/amp thing.

My band is "The Mark Chapman Band", we're all from around Springfield/Joplin Missouri. Our website is www.markchapmanband.com and our myspace is www.myspace.com/themcb .

I love tele's, I stopped playing them for a couple of years and played a Wolfgang pretty much exclusively..... then one day I found the guitar I said I'd never pass up on again (a pink paisley tele) and got it and shortly after got another tele and don't really know why I stopped palying them??

Latest posts

Back