? Road King or Recto 2 X 12 Cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennq45

Reaction score
I am finally ordering my RK II head. Whats everyone using for cabs. My choices are the Road King or the Recto 2 X 12. Can anyone explain the differences. I know the Recto is Vintage 30's and the RK a mix. I already have a Marshall 4 X 12 with a mix of 2 Vintage 30's and 2 Greenies wired in an X pattern. Its just too big to drag around. Any suggestions... 8)

I believe RKII cab is a combo of Vintage 30's and C90's. I have a recto cab so I'll see how that responds to RK II head. I reckon the RKII cab will deliver tighter mids and bottoms.

dennq45 said:
I am finally ordering my RK II head. Whats everyone using for cabs. My choices are the Road King or the Recto 2 X 12. Can anyone explain the differences. I know the Recto is Vintage 30's and the RK a mix. I already have a Marshall 4 X 12 with a mix of 2 Vintage 30's and 2 Greenies wired in an X pattern. Its just too big to drag around. Any suggestions... 8)

Depends on whether or not you want to use the cab selector on your RK . If you do then you want the RK cab . One side is open and the other closed .

Back