Lonestar Classic Head with Road King 2X12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogie Chillen

Reaction score
Hi all from Tasmania, Australia

I can get my hands on a Lonestar 100/50/10 head and a Road King 2 X 12 cab loaded with the open back C90 and closed V30. Would this be a good match for blues/rock/alternative country stuff and how would this particular cab perform with the Lonestar? Rich clean tone headroom with edgy smooth breakup is mainly what I am chasing but I would also push it toward Gilmoresque lead tones as well. I particularly wanted a Boogie cab to match a Boogie head. I was thinking open back 2X12 would be best but can't find much else in stock other than a Fillmore 2X12 which doesn't really match aesthetically. I'd grab a Fillmore 100 head if I could but no chance of that here for quite some time by the looks of it. There's not a lot to choose from here in Australia that's in stock unfortunately, unless I settle for an open back 1X12 or two.
Any input much appreciated.

Boogie Chillen

I think you would be happy with that rig. I run my Lone Star with a Recto 2x12 Compact (V30) cabinet and a Lone Star 27" 1x12 (C90) cabinet, which compliment each other nicely. Blues, rock, alternative, and country won't be a problem for the Lone Star. It also has some of the best cleans, in my opinion, with the headroom that your are looking for, and channel two should take care of that "edgy smooth breakup". The Lone Star loves pedals, so a muff/fuzz should take care of that "Gilmour" tone quite easily.

Voodoo Child77 said:
I think you would be happy with that rig. I run my Lone Star with a Recto 2x12 Compact (V30) cabinet and a Lone Star 27" 1x12 (C90) cabinet, which compliment each other nicely. Blues, rock, alternative, and country won't be a problem for the Lone Star. It also has some of the best cleans, in my opinion, with the headroom that your are looking for, and channel two should take care of that "edgy smooth breakup". The Lone Star loves pedals, so a muff/fuzz should take care of that "Gilmour" tone quite easily.

Thanks mate, good to know.

Back