reverb tank buzzing ( i think)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fronzil

Reaction score
when I play my IV at even a remotely loud volume, even like loud just for playing at home..i can hear buzzin in the amp..it's just the volume of the 2x12 cab shaking the spring reverb in the amp, but still it annoys me, and kinda gets picked up recording...i've narrowed it to the nice big long, gold section on the bottom of the amp, end to end... that kinda sits almost below the amp just a tiny bit (what i believe is the reverb section?) anyway to fix this? or even verify that the gold thing is reverb? i never use it, maybe I could remove it?

man i'd expect this if i was asking about a marshall or something

Take your chassis out of the headshell, removing the reverb cables, and place the chassis on a non-conductive surface. Try playing the amp again at the same volumes. Does the noise still exist? DO NOT touch the capacitors inside the chassis. :shock:

it only buzzes when its on top of the cab at loud volumes, if that helps...the cab is rattling to verb tank is sounds like..I don't really like opening my amp up myself :S

like i said, I'm not POSITIVE what the verb tank is, so I dont wanna go hauling wires etc..ive tightened every screw on / inside the amp (that's visible without removing anything)..noise got slightly better, but didnt last long..if i remove the head from on top of the cab, the noise is gone (like when my head is 30 feet from my cab when im recording)

Latest posts

Back