Removing the grill on my amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dead Moon Rising

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the Diamond plate on the Front of a Dual Rec? I have a friend that's goin to powder coat it for me, but i looked in the back and there arent any screws.

Thanks

it's put on with heavy duty industrial double sided tape. If you rip it off, you may damage the wood and will have a tought time replacing it.

If it's on with the white Dual Lock type, forget about getting it off. I once used that stuff to put my Ernie Ball volume pedal down and needed a screw driver to pry it off. I'd imagine, the wood frame would break before it comes off. Odd choice of fastener by Mesa in this case.

Thanks for the replys. I took out the chassis last night to give it a thourough cleaning and discovered the tape. That stuff is strong, i tried to lift one corner and gave up. i figued even if i did get it off, it would be mangled and i'd never get it back together nice.

So i busted out some masking tape, newspaper, and some spray paint:

IMAG0283.jpg

On my old DR, I bought a black grill from Mesa, pryed off the silver one with a screwdriver, and stuck on the black one. The double sided tape they use was tough, but it's do-able.
-Steve

That looks really good man, nice job on the paint and tape. Black Diamond Plate looks so much more menacing to me....which is why i like it haha
Rock on man!

here's what a close up of mine looks like, done by mesa....

Picture008.jpg

-AJH

Latest posts

Back