Rejoining the IIC+ club

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystidream

Reaction score
I'm extremely happy to announce that I will have my old IIC+ back soon. I traded it to a forum member here a while back for a Mark V head, which I loved, but later sold due to a financial situation. I then bought an Axe Fx standard from a forum member, and liked it, but there was too much tweaking to be done and I wasn't really into all that. So fast forward to a few days ago, and I get a message from the forum member who I had traded my old IIC+ to asking if I want to buy the amp back. Naturally, I had regretted selling it, so I decided to buy it back. Should be here in the next week or so. I'm psyched and can't wait to have this thing back in my hands! This time, when I get it, its staying. If any of you guys see me post it up for sale later down the line for any reason, feel free to smack me back into reality. Haha. Just wanted to share my excitement. Thanks guys. By the way, here's a pic of what she looks like:

C1.jpg

So hows the Mesa vs. Axe-FX tone wise? I've never handled the Axe-FX personally, and you've had all 3. (I'm trying to ween the other guitarist in my band off Peavey and towards Mesa...)

SonicProvocateur said:
So hows the Mesa vs. Axe-FX tone wise? I've never handled the Axe-FX personally, and you've had all 3. (I'm trying to ween the other guitarist in my band off Peavey and towards Mesa...)

The Axe sounds amazing through a power amp and 4x12. I can honestly say it sounded as good as most of the Mesa's I've had, but there's just too much tweaking. I'd take a Mesa over the Axe in a heartbeat.

mystidream said:
The Axe sounds amazing through a power amp and 4x12. I can honestly say it sounded as good as most of the Mesa's I've had, but there's just too much tweaking. I'd take a Mesa over the Axe in a heartbeat.

I figured as much...and for the money, I'd like my bandmate to score a Mark IV or at least a Mark III like I use for maximum tonality matching (mines pretty **** brutal). For the money, he's having a tough time turning away from Peavey, but I think I'll still get him turned to Mesa though, he loves mine :wink:

Maybe one day I can upgrade to a C+ or a IV and sell him my III or something...

btw, congrats on getting your C+ back! She's a looker!

Back