Reducing Mids on Mark III R2 channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcamargo99

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a Mark III blue stripe that I'm really happy with. However, If I could get the R2 channel to NOT be so midrangey, THAT would really help me with getting ALL 3 channels to sound perfect. Currently I can get a great clean and lead channel and use a pedal with he clean channel for adding some crunch. My R2 channel isn't too bad, but it seems to add mids whenever I select it. I'm hoping someone here might be able to tell me if switching on the R2 channel add a resistor/cap that might be tinkered with. Thanks!!

I would run an EQ pedal thru the loop and set it up for R2.
Set your EQ toggle switch on the amp to AUTO and it will automatically engage when you switch to the lead channel, and turn off when switching back to R1 or R2.

With this set-up you should be able to leave the EQ in the loop on all the time.

Thanks Tome of Demise. I'll certainly apply your suggestion. That should allow me to reduce the mids on the Clean/R2 channels and not effect my Lead channel.
I was hoping someone might know if engaging the R2 channel boosted the mids by some resistor/capacitor, as well as the gain. This way I could I could try some different values on R2 and leave my clean channel the way it is (perfect!).

Thanks!!!

Back