Rectoverb Combo Cabinet Question - Speaker Baffle Removal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, this is my second post.

I have a Rectoverb II Combo that I love. I also have a Rectoverb I Combo cab that I bought on Ebay.

The empty cabinet was all beat up, so I decided to recover it. I was originally going to use the cab to make my Soldano Lucky 13 into a Combo, but I think I would like to turn it into a 2x12 extension cab.

Has anybody successfully removed the Speaker Baffle Board from one of these amps?

Pull the chassis out first. Then from the back you should see a slew of screws. Some hold the baffle to the cabinet and some hold the grill to the baffle. Mesa (newer) does there stuff from the back. Unscrew them all and your baffle and grill should be off.

That's what I thought too, but it looks like the Rectoverb's baffle board is dadoed and glued, then they place a strip of 3/4" x 3/4 ply behind it to hold it in place.

The only reason that I can think of is that the Recto series probably has more Bass than most of their other models.

Thanks for the reply though.

Latest posts

Back