Recto Epiphany #2: Tone Purist to Stay!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ibanez4life SZ! said:
If I had other amps, I would definitely do that, but at 17, I'm already lucky to own everything I do!
4_6_103.gif
When I was 17 years old I own a slinky, a Revell model Corvette StingRay, a Daisy BB gun ...

And of course these:
EightTrackTapes.jpg

I know...I work hard...all if it is paid for by me...I'm very appreciative of working up to all this...I don't need more...at the moment :wink:

PDad said:
ibanez4life SZ! said:
There is much more tone in stock without it.

Why is that, do you think, ibanez4life? I've seen lots of folks mention it, so I'm sure it's valid, but it seems odd.

I use the loop in my amp 100% of the time, so I guess I'll have to try putting my FX rack through the input.

You still might like the sound of using the rack fx post preamp, the way (most) of them where made to be used. If they don't have a switch, i'm pretty sure most of then like seeing the hotter line level signal that comes after the preamp. Also you might find whatever tone suckage from having things in the loop to be less than the tone suckage from passing your signal constantly through your racks converters and extra cable when you're not using the effects. Also, you might like the way some effects, say time based things like delay, might sound after the preamp.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
If I had other amps, I would definitely do that, but at 17, I'm already lucky to own everything I do!

Hahaha no way, I thought you must be at least mid-late 20's with all the stuff you've got!

Latest posts

Back