Rect-O-Verb clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shullmf

Reaction score
This is a clip of a song I'm still working on, but after being without my Recto for a while, I was eager to record it. I know the playing needs tightening (the song's still quite new). I also plan to quad-track on the final product...But what do you guys think of the tone so far?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7898080/untitled.mp3

new version (w/ new drums and new mix using monitors)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7898080/untitled_v2.mp3

sick tone!
pure recto sound with decent amount of gain & sustain.
what kind of boost did you use? and how big was the volume? share the setting, plz..

Thanks for listening!

My mixing skills suck, but I got some monitors on order to remedy that. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I couldn't mic it since I live in an apartment. I used the Guitarhacks EDGE1 impulse, so these settings may not be of much use...and I'm not sure exactly what cab the impulse models...but the settings were:

Boss SD-1 as a boost: gain at 0, volume and tone all the way up

Gain: 11:30
Treble: 1:30
Mid: 10:30
Bass: 10:00
Presence: 12:00
Master: 10:00
Output: all the way down

dude...

i wanst expecting anything sounding this good...congrats

it sounds really good....
what guitar did u use ?

blinkie.

Thanks man.

I used a Washburn X50PRO, stock. It's a killer middle-class guitar.

Bump for a new version. (see original post)

Ditched my desktop speakers and got some proper monitors. Also ditched Addictive Drummer and picked up SSD. I rewrote some parts of the song, just messin' around. (not final version by any means)

This is proof that monitors are HUGE factor in mixing. What do you guys think?

Man that's fucking awesome!

Terrific tone! did you get the sound from the combo with a mic and added impulses later? wich mic did you use?

I have to say that I like more the first clip because it sounds rougher, unique recto sound!! I can't stop shaking my head listening to your tune :)

Very good job, thanks and keep it up!!

jjruiz said:
Terrific tone! did you get the sound from the combo with a mic and added impulses later? wich mic did you use?
Thanks! Right now, it's impulses-only since I live in an apartment. :(

I used the combo's FX Send into my recording interface. (always keep the speaker or a load plugged in, or you'll fry your amp's transformer) Then used two Recabinet 'Ghandi' impulses (blended the SM57 and 421 mics, don't remember the positions).

frets70 said:
That is impressive!!!
Did you use SSD EX or platinum?
Thanks dude! I used SSD EX with drums from the Metal and Rock V1 packs. Can't tell you my exact custom kit though, since I'm not at home.

This song's still a work-in-progress. Updated version with solo coming soon. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back