Three button rect o verb foot switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royslead

Reaction score
Im posting this here and the Express sub forum, hopefully someone between the two could answer this. First, I have owned an Express for quite some time, but I just added a series two Rect o verb to the lineup. The foot switch was included but often has an issue with channel selection where engaging the switch changes channels, but does it twice. The correct channel still engages but there is a delay as it happens. It seems to be in the individual switch itself (mounted on the foot switch). The Express foot switch has the same buttons, same style cord, etc. I'm wondering if I could use the foot switch from the Express to control the ROV. The layout is the same left to right (channel, reverb) for both with the exception of the third switch - on the Express, it controls contour on/off; and on the ROV, it controls the solo boost on/off. Anyone have any knowledge on this, other than the obvious "call Mesa?"

royslead said:
Im posting this here and the Express sub forum, hopefully someone between the two could answer this. First, I have owned an Express for quite some time, but I just added a series two Rect o verb to the lineup. The foot switch was included but often has an issue with channel selection where engaging the switch changes channels, but does it twice. The correct channel still engages but there is a delay as it happens. It seems to be in the individual switch itself (mounted on the foot switch). The Express foot switch has the same buttons, same style cord, etc. I'm wondering if I could use the foot switch from the Express to control the ROV. The layout is the same left to right (channel, reverb) for both with the exception of the third switch - on the Express, it controls contour on/off; and on the ROV, it controls the solo boost on/off. Anyone have any knowledge on this, other than the obvious "call Mesa?"

Not sure if the pinout is the same or not...as the poster in the other thread stated, plug it in and try it out!

Well, as simple as that sounds (and is what I initially wanted to do); I didn't want to just try it and risk shorting a circuit that may be pinned differently. I could probably take both apart and see how they are wired to the DIN plug terminal. Thanks for the response, chances are, it will work fine.

You just got the go ahead from Mesa Boogie directly in the previous post.

If he had any concerns about shorting something out he would have told you

Give it a try - you are being overly cautious

There is a good reason for my being over-cautious. My first tube was a head that had become a door stop for some years, because the guy I got it from connected an incorrectly wired foot switch and shorted circuits inside it. There were several caps blown and a few resistors, all of which rendered the amp useless until repaired. So, yeah, I would rather be over-cautious than not.

It is NOT pinned out the same, so though I will not just plug it in; I'm going to say it will not work.

Back