Rackmount Kit for IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucifer

Reaction score
Hello..I am a new proud owner of a Mark IV A Compact combo..and my god, it sounds wonderful :) anyway..i'd prefer it as a rackmount head and since i cant find any kit on ebay..i am asking those who have the rack head to take pictures of them (from every possible angle :p) so i could make it myself..
Thanks! :)

If you're going to build a rackmount for yourself, why don't you make several and sell them on ebay? I might be interested in buying one...

Would you like dimensions? I have mine disassembled right now.

Hello..no time right now to do anything..except play :) so if there are any EU sellers, that would be nice..shipping cost from the states is..well..crazy :S

After having been asked by many here and looking at my disassembled rackmount I have finally taken the time to measure the parts and write them down. Here are the dimensions as pulled with my tape measure in inches. Sorry about the conversion necessary to metric for you that are on the metric system. I live in an inch and quart world. :wink:

If you have any questions let me know. I have tried to describe as well as possible from where I am measuring and what I am measuring. There may be slight discrepancy between tape measures and interpretation of the markings thereupon but I did take drafting and worked in an engineering machinery space working around rather close tolerances. I also am a building contractor and the tape measure is my best friend. The tape I used was a cheapy though so it may be slightly off. For the most part I would consider these measurements very very close though.

Here we go:

The side panel is 6 7/8" tall at the rackmounted flange with 15/16" folded out for the flange. There is a top flange that is bent over that is 1/8" below the top of the rack flange and set back slightly at 1/4". This flange is then 1 1/2" with another staggered bend at 1" that is offset enough to flush the top panel. On the smaller section of the top flange measured from the front of the same flange there is a threaded hole at 9/16" and 6 1/16" These holes hold the top panel to the end panels. If you set your top rackmounting screw 1/4"x 1/2" slotted hole on the side flange of the side panel at 1 3/8" down from the top of the flange you just match the lower to the corresponding rack screw at approx 5 3/8". These slotted holes are from 3/8" to 7/8" from the inside of the rackmount flange measuring out. On the side of the side panel there is a hole that corresponds to the front panel that attaches at 3 3/32" pulling down from the top of the rackmount flange and 13/32" pulling from the front of the rackmount flange. The lower is at 6 5/8" again pulling from the top. The top panel measures 14 7/8" by 7 7/16". There are 4 holes that correspond to the threaded holes in the small portion of the top flange of the side panels. The front panel measures 16 15/16" by 4 1/4". The sides of the front panel are turned back as flanges to 1 1/2". From the front the threaded side screw holes are 1 5/32" with the upper located at 15/32" from the top of the front panel from there coordinate the lower hole from the side panel. There is a flange that returns from the top of the front panel that measures 1" in depth. The fan mounts behind the front panel but doesn't really matter because you can fab up a mount that is probably better than the two screws that are tacked to the back of the front panel. I would suggest a fan mounted at one side of the back that is vertically mounted that blows around through the amp for better circulation. There are no reverb mounting screws in the rackmount so you have to figure that out yourself. Oh yeah, and the sheet metal used for their application was 1/16" thick then painted with a black enamel. I almost forgot the most important holes. The chassis holes are located at 29/32" from the front of the top flange of the side panel the rear coordinates with your chassis. My mount was drilled for 2 different chassis widths. I am not sure at this moment which is the correct one. It is either the ones at 21/32" (my guess) or 5/16" hooking the side panel measuring towards the center of the rackmount enclosure. All measurements to holes are centers. The side panel from the front at the rackmount flange to the rear is 9".

I hope this helps all of you that have requested this information and those that need it in the future. If you have questions feel free to ask. Maybe someone else that has their rackmount can tell us what the correct holes are for the chassis.

Enjoy :D

Back