Is this a good price for a Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImGrand

Reaction score
Hello,

i am looking forward to maybe buy this Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp, but I am not sure if it’s a good deal or not.

I would say it’s actually in mint condition if I’m guessing right in relation to the pictures only the Effects Loop Font Paint is coming a bit off. The owner asked 850 Euros for it, but is now offering it to me at his last price for 750 Euros.

The owner said he is the second owner of the amp and he never used it live only at home and also not through a power amp on stages. He only used it direct into the computer for recording. I also have a Question related to this, running it without a Power Amp does not damage it or am I wrong ?

I could also test it out, but I was wondering if it’s a good price for a Studio Preamp for 750 Euros in Europe in that condition.

Thanks in Advance
198766F4-7765-4D36-9FB0-311EC202EDE3.jpeg
F9AD648E-C2DA-419B-82C8-47E83B0FD920.jpeg
57CF3C29-08B7-49C2-AC21-B170CAD202E1.jpeg
DFBFE480-E92C-44F2-AAB6-1F50145DA729.jpeg
31E884E4-282D-4C3E-B4AC-B2F53293F6B7.jpeg
BB95DF35-F745-4D78-B56C-08DB49038BD4.jpeg

Hi

The studio pre is amazing. You are correct, running the preamp direct (without a power amp) is one of the features of the preamp and should not do any harm to the preamp.

EUR750 seems like a pretty good price for it.

Great amp and you will not find it cheaper than 750ish these days. Ask the seller if it is an actively used amp or has been sitting. Probably the latter, in that case calculate 200-300 euro for a proper service with tubes, LDRs, caps etc. Even if it turns on and produces sound, it most probably needs some TLC if you plan to really use it. Good luck!

Hello,

i am looking forward to maybe buy this Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp, but I am not sure if it’s a good deal or not.

I would say it’s actually in mint condition if I’m guessing right in relation to the pictures only the Effects Loop Font Paint is coming a bit off. The owner asked 850 Euros for it, but is now offering it to me at his last price for 750 Euros.

The owner said he is the second owner of the amp and he never used it live only at home and also not through a power amp on stages. He only used it direct into the computer for recording. I also have a Question related to this, running it without a Power Amp does not damage it or am I wrong ?

I could also test it out, but I was wondering if it’s a good price for a Studio Preamp for 750 Euros in Europe in that condition.

Thanks in Advance
View attachment 762View attachment 763View attachment 764View attachment 765View attachment 766View attachment 767
Hopefully you were able to test this out and grab it…that’s a great deal based on the prices I’m seeing, assuming it’s in good working condition. Do you have a power amp to pair it with?

Latest posts

Back