Questions about some amps....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elenore19

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a small boogie combo amp. Dc-2, Dc-3, or Dc-5..something like one of those.

I'm wondering...are these good amps?

Also, anyone know anything about the f series or whatever...like a f-50 I believe I've seen on ebay. Or something like that.

Also, anyone have any other reccomendations for a small combo boogie amp I could get for under 800 bucks?

Thanks so much!

-Elliot

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm new here. Thanks again for the help!

phyrexia said:
What kind of music do you like to play?
I like to play metal, I don't like too metal of a tone. I like to play some blues also, and punk.

The tone that I'm looking for is something that is pretty heavy, but not a "full metal tone" if that makes sense. But yeah.

Regarding your initial question, I had a DC-3, and it was a great amp. I play mostly blues, jazz, and rock, and the DC series amps were great for those styles, though I'm guessing by all the responses, that the MKIII is a better choice for metal.

I play quite a bit in a Top 40 and a Variety Band. I cover everything from Fergie to Evanecense, Kelly Clarskson to Journey, Santana to Lynerd Skynerd, Marvin Gaye to Nickel Back, Carolina Beach tunes to Cari Underwood and my old Mark III is always up for the task. I've never met a song I could'nt play because of my Mark III. I play mainly Ibanez artists with Duncans and my strat with EMG SA's.

Also, if you can scrounge up another couple hundred you might find a Mark IV. The Mark IV is a little more versatile and has a little more control over the channel eq's. The Mark IV also has all the channel an eq footswitches on one controller as opposed to individual boxes.

Back