question on mesa cab 4fb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyk182

Reaction score
hello everyone. Im new to this board as well as new to mesa amps as i just purchased a dual rectifier 3 channel head. Now, i need to find a 4x12 cab for it and i put one on layaway at daddys junky music but i have one question. They want $630 for it and it has a minor little tear in the grill canvas. is this worth the money or should i try to talk them down? How much do the Mesa 4fb cabs go for new? i just dont want to waste that money if it wont be worth it because of the condition its in. also, will that little tear affect the sound at all? Sorry for all the questions but any answers would be much appreciated. thanks!

630 new is a good price. However, you can get them used for around 500 in similar or better condition. The tear will not affect anything besides cosmetics.

craigslist, ebay, the classifieds section on this forum...Take note that if you buy outside of your local area, shipping will be about 100, so in the long run prices are almost identical unless you find a steal. But if you have patience and wait for one to show up locally on your city's craigslist, or ebay, or from here, you can save some cash.

TWO thumbs up for Craigslist...

I find a lot of my gear this way now a days...

I did however pay 2500 for my Mesa 1/2 stack new back in 2003.

Sweetwater is finally dealing Mesa gear too so you can see what an online retailer has the prices for new equipment.

FM3

mattyk182 said:
where can i find them with a price like that?

I think the first post may be saying he found a USED one, with little wear for $630.

The next post claims $630 is a good price for a NEW one.

That is why matty along with myself would like to know where to get a mesa 4/12 new for 630.
I am starting my truck now.
/

Bought mine in mint condition for $480 on craigslist! (from Richard Z of Rammstein no less 8) )

Back