• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Qty of 13 Sylvania STR-415's, various lots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timv

Reaction score
Hey,
I have 13 total sylvania 6L6's that I have been collecting from various hardly used mesa amps I bought for a few years now. I don't play my amps enough to justify using expensive tubes so am offering them for sale. I was going to just list them on ebay but figured I would give fellow mesa owners a shot first.

They have all been tested on a Hickok 600a tester and installed in pairs in a rivera knucklehead amp to match up currents and check for microphonics. All of them tested excellent (like new) and I matched up pairs and one set of 5 by how they biased.

The rivera was running 420 VDC for the B+ and the bias was kept the same for each pair. I left the bias set at a point where the groove tube remanufactured GE's that are in it right now were biased at about 35ma a piece.

The like new mutual conductance value on this tester is 5000 and all of these tubes tested 4900-5000, a new Mesa STR 440 tested at 5300, green rating, and a winged C tested at 5000.

I have one set of 5 tubes, blue mesa labeling, that biased from 48-49 ma.
All of the rest are pairs.
2 pairs are green labeled mesa's that were at 40ma, and another pair at 33,35ma.
1 pair has one blue labeled mesa and an unlabeled tube that biased at 42,44ma.
1 pair is unlabeled and biased at 52,55ma.

I am asking fair prices on all.
For the qty of 5 I would like $200.
The two labeled pairs I would like $75 a pair.
The pair with one label and one not labeled, $60
And the unlabeled pair $50.

If someone wants them all, I'll take $400.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Here's some pictures.....

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

5a.jpg

There are more pictures here: http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/tvogelin/sylvania%206l6s/
Feel free to ask any questions.
The second pair looks like one blue and one green but they are both green, I think the lettering faded a bit looking blue.
I have excellent rating on ebay and have done a few trades and transactions with others on here.
I am an electronics tech that has been working on tube amps for over 10 years now including SVT's, mesa's, and am very picky about my amps and how they work, I stand behind my testing of these tubes and if there is any issue I will try and make it right.
I'll accept paypal and money orders and shipping will be extra, maybe $5-10 depending on what you want and where you live.
Thanks.

I'm very interested. Got to check the money situation (college students are poor!) and I'll get back to you in a few days (if they're still available). I'd really appreciate it if you would give us one last heads up before posting them on ebay. Thanks!

I'm not in a huge hurry to sell them and would rather someone who will use them in a boogie get them instead of some tube reseller trying to get top dollar out of them. I'll update this thread when/if any sell.
Thanks for looking.

As of right now I have all the tubes spoken for except the 2 unlabeled ones. These two bias a bit high to be dropped right into a mesa but if you have adjustable bias, they would work great.

If any of the buyers fall through, I will update....
I doubt they will though......

Latest posts

Back