Prive on Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered ebay?

There's a 2003 Mark IV combo selling for just $1300 and a 2007 for $400 more.

They're like cars. Buy 'em used (preferably by little old ladies rocking out once a week at church).

It should be $1850 for a basic head short or medium. The combos are another $100.

Get it used and you might find one for $1000.

Last used Mark IV's to sell on ebay:

Medium Head: Sold for $1601 w/ $75 shipping. Number 130117254344
Short Head w/ Rackmount: Sold for $1599 w/ $60 shipping. Number 290120666211
Medium Head: Sold for $1424 w/ $54.99 shipping. Number 270123050859
Medium Head: Sold for $1375 w/ $65 shipping. Number 170116881642
Short Combo w/ Mesa 1x12 Extension cab: Sold for $1375 w/ $65 shipping. Number 270123708428
Short Combo: Sold for $1299 w/ $65 shipping. Number 120122391148
Rackmount: Sold for $1225 w/ $50 shipping. Number 230132702199
Rackmount: Sold for $910. Number 220116919194

Average for:
.....Head: $1499.75
..........Short: $1599
..........Medium: $1466.67
.....Combo: $1337
.....Rackmount: $1067.50
.....Shipping: $62.14

I'd rather just buy new. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want it new. Not that used isn't good (just bought a 4 year old EBMM John Petrucci and its excellent). For technology and equipment like this, I want brand new.

I got one for $1100 used last year but I got some extras too. Notice the rackmount that sold for $910? Like I said the deals are out there you just have to find them.

That depends on what they are making currently. Typically they save up enough orders to make it worth it to go ahead and produce a batch.

Russ said:
That depends on what they are making currently. Typically they save up enough orders to make it worth it to go ahead and produce a batch.

Again this applies. It would be best to ask when they are taking your order. It could be they are making them now. You could have a couple weeks till you get your amp. They might have finished the run with some extras that you could have in a few days. They might be out and just started a new production run of something else and it could be months. They may have decided to stop making the Mark IV altogether and you might end up waiting runters. Call Mesa direct for the best answer to that.

I got my Mark IV rack mount for $800.00 cash on CL, perfect condition

Sorry I'm a noob, but what is a rack mount? I might actually buy a Mark IV head off ebay, but could I buy a mesa speaker or something later?

Sealunar said:
Sorry I'm a noob, but what is a rack mount? I might actually buy a Mark IV head off ebay, but could I buy a mesa speaker or something later?

Rackmount means that rather than a headshell, there is a metal enclosure that the chassis is secured in that can then be mounted inside of a rack space, thus the "rackmount" name. Click the item number of either of the ebay listings with rackmounts that I posted earlier, that will show you basically how they look and what they are. Same great sound and options, just in a different enclosure.

If you are talking about buying a speaker enclosure at a later date of course you could buy one. If you are talking about purchasing a shell for the combo version of the amplifier I am not sure, but I would think you could purchase one directly from Mesa for a slight upcharge on extra materials.

Medium Head: Sold for $1601 w/ $75 shipping. Number 130117254344

Wow, if thats the price from an ebay buy, how much would that thing be new!?!

Wouldn't you rather spend an extra $200 for a brand new amp and a good warranty? Just doesn't make sense to use ebay unless you are saving a TON of money like me (bought EBMM John Petrucci for 1,100 when it goes for about 1,800...)

If you can't get one new in time for whatever reason I would suggest buying a used one instead of trying to get a new one for the sake of a new one for $200 more.

Well either way I hope to get one, so thanks for the help guys. I did want a DR before, but I think I want this now because I want a tight distortion and amazing gain.

Sounds like you are on the right path.

Not to second guess your instinct, I have both a Mark IV and a '94 2 ch Dr and both are pretty tight. It might be the tube selection and settings along with playing style though with my DR that allow me to get tight riffing. The Mark IV is inherently tighter though.

Latest posts

Back