Prices for Theiles?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have checked ebay, haven't you? EV-loaded ones are typically in the mid-high 200s. "Mint" will add a few dollars. Tone? Priceless!
:)

Edward

Seems like lately they have been going up. I'd say low $300s for an EVM loaded Thiele in mint condition.

I paid $380 shipped for my EV loaded thiele on ebay. I paid $300 shipped for my C90 loaded thiele... They are worth every penny...

I paid 260 shipped for the one posted a while back on GC's used site, it's a little beat up but not too bad. I swapped the c90 with the EV in the combo and it sounds pretty sweet. I don't notice any of the mentioned flub but i do notice the c90 sounds a bit thin by itself but as stated before it blends great with the thiele.

I'm with edward...

Priceless...

I think that more people are figuring out that ported cabs are a good thing and that the EVM is a good thing as well. It didn't help that EV made a Black Label to get more attention or that they reissued the EVM as their "Classic". It just opened more people's ears to the EVM and then the ported (Thiele) cabs.

The EV is very transparent and pure, while the C90 sounds VERY similar, but colors the tone somewhat. They sound great together...

May be purchasing and 1x12 EV Theile from a guy for $325 this weekend... I suppose that's about the average price these days.

MusicManJP6 said:
I paid $380 shipped for my EV loaded thiele on ebay. I paid $300 shipped for my C90 loaded thiele... They are worth every penny...

+1 this is a more realistic price...the $250 or so ones are anomalies and don't come around often.

Personally, If I was selling one, I'd never let it go for $250, when you can get at least $200 for the unloaded cab alone.

When I sold mine last year I net'd ~$400 for each of them. Sold the Mesa Black Shadow labeled EVs for $185 each and the mint unloaded cabs for $275 each.

Wow ...word is out, indeed! Not that I was ever contemplating getting rid of my Thiele, but it sure is good to know that I bought it way back when they were at the $200 mark. Still maintain, though, the tone is well worth the price of admission :)

Edward

I have a tuned and ported 1x12 but it's not a Thiele. It'd be cool to have one but not for what they're going for used.

whats with this thiele thing? does it sound better than a traditional rectifier 4x12?

bunyok23 said:
whats with this thiele thing? does it sound better than a traditional rectifier 4x12?

If you gotta ask..... just kidding :)

The Thiele-Mesa cab magic is how how large, tight, and powerful it sounds for its diminutive size (though its small footprint does not indicate its considerable weight). Honestly, if you have not had the chance to play through one, especially when played along with an MC90-loaded combo or cab, you are missing out on a brilliant tonal combination. I have long been a devotee of the warmth and smooth mids of the MC90. The EV-Thiele, however, adds a thundering and tight bottom that defies its size, and a clarity in the top that adds just the right bit of sparle up top. And not only superb with saturated OD, but clean and bluesy tones just ooze out of the two with such clarity and warmth, I cannot imagine lugging a larger cab to any benefit. OTOH, I have never compared them side-by-side with a 412, recto or otherwise. Then again, I don't care to for the simple reason I refuse to lug a 412 anywhere.

So in its own right, the Thiele (EV-loaded) is a great-sounding supplemental cab. When one factors its small size and portability, it is simply unbeatable. All IMHO of course :)

Edward

I think an 80's tolex theile with EVM in "great condition" is worth $350. all day and especially all night long. One reason being: concensus is the new EVM "classic" does not posess the same juju as the older and out of production series II. What's freaking me out is the prices for Mark III's last couple weeks; $1600. for a tolex head or a combo!!!!!!!!. Guess it had to happen soon or later and as time goes on this trend will probably continue.

Restless Rocks said:
I think an 80's tolex theile with EVM in "great condition" is worth $350. all day and especially all night long. One reason being: concensus is the new EVM "classic" does not posess the same juju as the older and out of production series II. What's freaking me out is the prices for Mark III's last couple weeks; $1600. for a tolex head or a combo!!!!!!!!. Guess it had to happen soon or later and as time goes on this trend will probably continue.

I see listings for $1300 - 1600, but no bites. I haven't seen any go for any higher than $1000 + shipping.

That being said, I picked up my Mark III Blue Stripe EV Combo for $450 on Craigslist.

Latest posts

Back