Prices for Theiles?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a mint 1x12 Thiele for $325... about market value. I don't know if the EV is the reissue or not... says its an EVM 12-L.

How can you date it using the serial?

the reissue evm has a blue label on the back. i suspect the ev in most all vintage mesa cabs are original. whatever the case it will be quite obvious if you look at the back.

http://www.electrovoice.com/products/410.html

as far as the reissues not having mojo, i have found that not to be the case. i have a/b'ed the two in the same cab with the same rig, and found the difference minimal. most of this is due to the fact that the reissue was new and unplayed. after a break-in period i expect you couldn't tell the difference blindfolded. i haven't had a chance to demo a broken-in reissue, though, as i seem to ship them out as fast as i get them in. i do have a local buddy that has had one for a month or so. if i get a chance i'll get him to come back in and compare once more. either that or i may just decide to keep a couple of the reissues from our next shipment, and romp on them for a few gigs. seriously, someone must be digging the reissues cause i can't seem to get enough of them from ev. the demand seems quite high, higher perhaps the ev anticipated.

Boogafunk said:
the reissue evm has a blue label on the back. i suspect the ev in most all vintage mesa cabs are original. whatever the case it will be quite obvious if you look at the back.

Looks like I lucked out... opened her up tonight and it doesn't have any stickers, just the serial number and "vintage 12L". Not the reissue, correct?

I still haven't gotten a chance to hook it up to my Mark III...just got a stereo cable today on my way home from work and will commence jamming in T-minus 5 minutes.

Just wanted to double-check:

I want to run both the combo and Thiele's speakers so it becomes a 2x12... should I plug each one into the two 4ohm jacks on my Mark? Currently my Mark's speaker is plugged into the 8ohm.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=536181

Thiele Heavy Test. All criticisms welcome.

Latest posts

Back