Pre 1991: Mesa says they made DC-5's from 1994-1999...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ces

Reaction score
Talked to Mesa Customer Service today and was told that they made DC-5's from around 93-94 to 99.
so what gives with the pre 91 DC section on here?
just curious as im studying and learning about my new Mesa...

You are right... why we are lumped in with the pre 1991 model probably has more to do with space on the message board than anything else. At least this way we don't get many trolls, lol!

oh ok... i take that to also mean other Dual Calibers have other years.
that would make sense, as I'm guessing.

Thanks for the info.

On a previous post, I suggested to organize the different amps according to lineage rather than timeline.

On second thought, we could use:

- Mark chapter (from 1969 to date): Princeton Boogies, Marks I to IV, SOB/Satellites, Subway series, Triaxis, Studios/Calibers/Dual Calibers, Heartbreaker, Nomads, Lone Stars, Mark V, Electradyne

- Rectifier chapter (from 1991 to date): single/double/triple Rectos, ditto Stilettos, F series/Express series, Tremoverb, Blue Angel, Maverick, RoadKing/Roadster

Just a thought.
Daniel

billboogie said:
I have my reciept for my DC5. I bought it in May of 1992. I hope this helps

So Mesa customer service is just passing out totally wrong info? that seems strange but somehow believable.
They are after all in Nor-Cal and they are bordering on Mendocino County, puff puff pass...

I read on another thread here that someone else had contacted them and were told they started making DC5 in 1991. I'm sure they have the information, we just need to talk to the right people. (one of the ones that maybe did'nt puff puff pass lol)

They do have conflicting stories, the last catalog has the Mesa timeline and that says it was introduced in 1990.

001.jpg

i'm going to go with the catalog info and not a young cust serv worker in late 2009,
who was probably a kid in 1991!

right on Boogie Board!

That is the earliest claim yet. When were the recto's released? I ask this because when I bought my DC5 the owner of the store, (with whom I had known for years) told me "these were Mesa's new line, they just came in today. There was a single Recto head on a 4x12 and the DC5 that I bought. I have often wondered how mine (#0009) made it all the way from Cal. to RI. There is a big time gap between 1990 (catalog claim) and May 1992 (my reciept).
There must be someone at Mesa who can give us the correct information

Does it really matter how amps are categorized on the board? Someone will still be asking how to tighten up their recto, another guy will ask which tubes define him as a person, there will be a 15 page thread about how the length of John Petrucci's toenails effects the tone of his new Mark V's, and gaindeli will talk smack about a fictional amp that he has bought and sold 5 times. :lol:

Speaking for myself. I'm just curious as to around when the DC's were first introduced, thats all. BTW I checked into the toenail rumor. The longer toesnails give more resonense to his overall tone. You should look into it.

billboogie said:
Speaking for myself. I'm just curious as to around when the DC's were first introduced, thats all. BTW I checked into the toenail rumor. The longer toesnails give more resonense to his overall tone. You should look into it.
I thought that the added toenail mass gave him more sustain. :lol:

billboogie said:
That is the earliest claim yet. When were the recto's released? I ask this because when I bought my DC5 the owner of the store, (with whom I had known for years) told me "these were Mesa's new line, they just came in today. There was a single Recto head on a 4x12 and the DC5 that I bought. I have often wondered how mine (#0009) made it all the way from Cal. to RI. There is a big time gap between 1990 (catalog claim) and May 1992 (my reciept).
There must be someone at Mesa who can give us the correct information

The same timeline says the Recto came out on 1991.

yeah the board sections having a timeline can help, or obstruct depending on being correct or not.
I mostly want to know as I'm trying to learn about my amp.
Mesa cs gave me a "window" that my amp was from 93-96 or so. kinda vague. glad i called...

I posted this thread, and though fairly short, it has yielded concrete evidence that the guy I spoke to at Mesa was full of ****.
no biggie, it happens. a little surprising though.

But over all I asked about my amp and I'm learning so super cool!

Latest posts

Back