The Mesa amps I currently own are...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silverwulf said:
Vigo1999 said:
Stiletto Deuce series I

my hot-rodded Marshall :mrgreen: . the plexi sound on channes 1's crunch mode is better than most plexis. in a word, awesome.

People often overlook the Series I Stiletto, but your assessment is spot on and the same thing I've preached for a while. Channel 1 "Crunch" on the Series I can come close to out Plexi-ing a Plexi. It's the best mode on the amp and worth the price of one used all by itself.

I haven't played the series 1 stilletto, but the series 2 crunch mode is freaking incredable. It's the only amp I have heard that actually does plexi at low volumes

My favorite mode on the amp. And I agree, the crunch and clean alone justify the price of the amp. Everything else is just icing IMO

As far as my Mesa's, as the sig says

Current
Electra Dyne 1x12 combo
Mark IVb shorthead run with Rectifier 1x12 cab

Retired but not forgotten
Road King 2x12 combo

primal said:
Silverwulf said:
Vigo1999 said:
Stiletto Deuce series I

my hot-rodded Marshall :mrgreen: . the plexi sound on channes 1's crunch mode is better than most plexis. in a word, awesome.

People often overlook the Series I Stiletto, but your assessment is spot on and the same thing I've preached for a while. Channel 1 "Crunch" on the Series I can come close to out Plexi-ing a Plexi. It's the best mode on the amp and worth the price of one used all by itself.

I haven't played the series 1 stilletto, but the series 2 crunch mode is freaking incredable. It's the only amp I have heard that actually does plexi at low volumes

My favorite mode on the amp. And I agree, the crunch and clean alone justify the price of the amp. Everything else is just icing IMO

yeah. +1 to the crunch mode being the best on the amp. very sensitive to your playing. and people really overlook'em. ive already saw some series I going as low as 700usd for a Deuce head on CL :shock: planning to go to the States in nov/dec and if i saw one at that range sure i'll snag it. hummm, stiletto bliss in stereo!! :D

never played the series II, but i think Mesa only messed with the TG and FD modes. the crunch mode is the same on both amps, somebody please correct me if im wrong.

Lonestar Special 2x12 combo

Nomad 45 1x12 combo,...I thought/figured on selling the Nomad when I got the LSS,.but I still like it!

primal said:
Silverwulf said:
Vigo1999 said:
Stiletto Deuce series I

I also like the tite gain an aweful lot (I actually like all the modes in my Ace, but some more than others)
but I push the crunch mode with a BSIAB (brown sound in a box) pedal I built.
And that is one fantastic combination. It has all the old world gruff of a Marshall, but with the punch of a Boogie.
Adds a different flavor the amp's built in choices! :D

JOEY B. said:
Rev C Dual Rectifier Solo Head (can't grow the balls to buy one without hearing it first, see above about Triple Rectifier). 8)

If you're ever in the DC area, give me a shout... 8)

Vigo1999 said:
the crunch mode is the same on both amps, somebody please correct me if im wrong.

It's tweaked slightly, a little more aggressive on the Series II. The Channel 1 and Channel 2 "Crunch" modes are also identical on the Series II, but differ slightly on the Series I.

Silverwulf said:
JOEY B. said:
Rev C Dual Rectifier Solo Head (can't grow the balls to buy one without hearing it first, see above about Triple Rectifier). 8)

If you're ever in the DC area, give me a shout... 8)
Always on the lookout for the elusive pawnshop score here in the deep south. Sometimes these rednecks don't research their treasures that well. If I head toward DC, it will be on a protest march. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Silverwulf said:
Vigo1999 said:
the crunch mode is the same on both amps, somebody please correct me if im wrong.

It's tweaked slightly, a little more aggressive on the Series II. The Channel 1 and Channel 2 "Crunch" modes are also identical on the Series II, but differ slightly on the Series I.

Interesting. People have told me that the series I crunch modes are identical. Nevertheless, I do own a series II, and they definitely sound different with all the controls set the same. The presence pot taper on the second channel is low than the first channel, so I actually have to turn the presence up more on channel 2 to match channel 1...

I currently only own a rack mounted Simul Class Mark III green stripe, which is my workhorse amp. I've owned a Mark IV in the past and I'm really hoping to add a fully loaded IIC+ and an early 2 blackface dual recto to that list.

**** you guys for having like a bajillion of each! :lol:

Currently:
MkV 1x12 Combo
ED 1x12 Combo
MkIVb 1x12 Widebody Combo

Previously:
Road King I Head and Matching 2x12 Cab
Express 5:50 1x12 Combo
Lonestar Classic 1x12 Combo
Lonestar Special 1x12 Combo
DC-5 1x12 Combo

I like Randall's take on things as well! :D

Current Mesa Amps:
Mark IVb head
DC-2 Combo
Maverick 2x12
1x12 Compact Cab- EVM
1x12 Compact Cab - C90

Past Mesa Amps:
DC-3 Combo
Mark IVa Combo
Mark IIb 60w Head

Currently own.
Dual Rec Revision C
Dual Rec 3 channel voodoo deluxe modded
Roadking Head V1
Stiletto Duece V2
Mesa 2/90 modded
Mesa traditional slant 4x12
Mesa Oversized straight front with slanted baffle
Mesa 2x12 vertical
Mesa Mark Series 4x12 loaded with Celestion 70th anversery speakers.

Mark IIb 1x12 combo (cream)
Mark IIc+ 1x12 combo (quilt maple)
Mark III (Red) 1x12 combo (wood/wicker)
Mark IVb 1x12 (black)
Mark V (head)
Stilletto Deuce II (head)
Roadster (head)
Transatlantic
Walkabout Scout 1x12 combo (bass)
2x12 Rectifier Cab
2x12 Roadster Cab
1x12 Mark cab (cream)
1x12 Express Cab
Mark Headshell on the way (George)

Yes, I am a Mesa *****!

bchulse said:
Mark IIb 1x12 combo (cream)
Mark IIc+ 1x12 combo (quilt maple)
Mark III (Red) 1x12 combo (wood/wicker)
Mark IVb 1x12 (black)
Mark V (head)
Stilletto Deuce II (head)
Roadster (head)
Transatlantic
Walkabout Scout 1x12 combo (bass)
2x12 Rectifier Cab
2x12 Roadster Cab
1x12 Mark cab (cream)
1x12 Express Cab
Mark Headshell on the way (George)

Yes, I am a Mesa *****!

DUDE............im so envious :mrgreen:

Vigo1999 said:
never played the series II, but i think Mesa only messed with the TG and FD modes. the crunch mode is the same on both amps, somebody please correct me if im wrong.

All but the TG mode are different according to the website.

I love my FD modded Trident. The TG mode is high gain heaven when boosted a bit. Channel 1 Crunch is awesome too.

Latest posts

Back