Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CrazyYoshi73 said:
Hey everybody!! 1st post here so I thought I would come in with guns blazing. This is my 94 TOV and fiddles...

DSC00910.jpg

I want the cat :roll:

'52 RI Tele straight thru a peterson strobe pedal into a LSS. 30 watts ch1' 5 watts ch 2. Best amp ever, with the best guitar ever.

ursinus said:
My latest rig:
P1020230.jpg

What kind of Port City cab is that on the bottom? It doesn't look big enough for a 4x12 but smaller than 2x12. Are they making over-sized cabs now?

Yes, it is a OS 2x12. I run my MKIII Greenie through that one. It is currently loaded with Eminence Cannabis Rex's. IMO a perfect combo with the MK Mesa amps of any period. The cab is very full sounding with no boominess like other OS 2x12's I have tried. Daniel gives great cust. service at PCW he can direct you to a local dealer too.

DSC00336.JPG

* Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty '93, Duncan JB bridge
* Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Burst '91, Duncan JB bridge
* Fender electro-acoustic

* Mesa Boogie 2-channel Triple Rectifier
* Bogner Uberschall
* Mesa Boogie 4x12 oversized V30 Rectifier cabinet
* Fame acoustic amplifier

* Boss TU2 tuner
* Boss RC2 Loop station + FS5U fooswitch
* Line6 PodXT Live
* Behringer FX100 multi-effects
* Masotti Black Box buffer
* MXR/Custom Audio Electronics buffer/booster
* Sennheiser EW 172 guitar wireless
* Nobels MS-4 Midi switcher
* Henny H. custom made ABY switcher (Belgium)
* Henny H. custom made guitar-, patch- and speakercables (Belgium)

Misery Signal,

What do you use that PodXT Live for? Please don't tell me the amp modeling......ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE BOTH A TRIPLE AND AN UBERSCHALL!!!! hahah

-AJH

Misery Signals fookin own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Going to see the for the 5th time on may 1st

MesaENGR412 said:
Misery Signal,

What do you use that PodXT Live for? Please don't tell me the amp modeling......ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE BOTH A TRIPLE AND AN UBERSCHALL!!!! hahah

-AJH

No, are you crazy haha!
The Line6 PODXT Live is in the fx loop of my amps, just use it for effects, great unit for that. I can switch with a Nobels midi switcher the amps channel and the fx loop at the same time adding some fx.
when i need fx i put the loop open and add effects, and i compensate the loss of signal with the line6 adding a cae\mxr booster\buffer after the unit.
when i don't need fx i just close the loop and have pure amp signal for great tone...

indeed, who needs modelling with those units, i have everything i want, great clean from the uber though the recto gives a good one too with the fx send button on half, and off course all good distortion i'll ever need, i just have to choose the right amp...

ms

1vic1 said:
hey misery how would ya compare the triple to the uber?

mesa has a hard colder clean, use the fx send knob on half, dry bonehard distortion, oomph when palmmuting... I like the 2 channel version a lot more than the 3 channel version, sounds 10 times better to me, raw, cleaner, more mesa less bzzz, real recto sound.

bogner has a warm mellow clean, and a realy heavy distortion with a huge almost subbass range, lotsa sounds available with the eq, more zzz with the el34 valves

Ukalali Solo said:
Fairly new to the forum :D But heres my rig:

I am guessing you have both preamp sections set up differently and can select those through a MIDI switching device and ultimately end up with stereo lines and run one to each DR power section. Do you currently perform live with that setup or is that the studio/rehearsal/home rig?

Bobby:
That was just a picture of the whole family together (only really had that set up for a few days).

I was doing the SLAVE OUT route for a few days and running the Single and the Dual. The Midi was only for channel switching and the GMajor.

Generally I keep the Laney 4x12 and Single Recto at home and the Dual Rec and Standard 4x12 and my rack for live set ups. I think having a 4x12 and the Single Rec at home right now is a big waste considering i can't go above 1-2 o clock without my neighbors coming to knock on the door heh. I'm probably going to downsize my home rig to a nice little 1x12 modeling combo.

Ukalali Solo said:
Bobby:
That was just a picture of the whole family together (only really had that set up for a few days).

I was doing the SLAVE OUT route for a few days and running the Single and the Dual. The Midi was only for channel switching and the GMajor.

Generally I keep the Laney 4x12 and Single Recto at home and the Dual Rec and Standard 4x12 and my rack for live set ups. I think having a 4x12 and the Single Rec at home right now is a big waste considering i can't go above 1-2 o clock without my neighbors coming to knock on the door heh. I'm probably going to downsize my home rig to a nice little 1x12 modeling combo.

It isn't very much fun to have a Mesa but not be able to play her at a respectable level. Some people love those modelers. Even some old timers like Eddie Van Halen use them for rehearsing backstage. I saw a pic of him using a Line 6 1x12 combo. Twisted Sister used Pods on their last tour. My first guitar teacher (from 24 years ago) had a Mark II hardwood/wicker that started my Mesa love. He now uses a Pod and loves it (especially the reduced weight). You should consider some headphones as well, just be careful on the volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back