Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby Marshall said:
Ukalali Solo said:
Bobby:
That was just a picture of the whole family together (only really had that set up for a few days).

I was doing the SLAVE OUT route for a few days and running the Single and the Dual. The Midi was only for channel switching and the GMajor.

Generally I keep the Laney 4x12 and Single Recto at home and the Dual Rec and Standard 4x12 and my rack for live set ups. I think having a 4x12 and the Single Rec at home right now is a big waste considering i can't go above 1-2 o clock without my neighbors coming to knock on the door heh. I'm probably going to downsize my home rig to a nice little 1x12 modeling combo.

It isn't very much fun to have a Mesa but not be able to play her at a respectable level. Some people love those modelers. Even some old timers like Eddie Van Halen use them for rehearsing backstage. I saw a pic of him using a Line 6 1x12 combo. Twisted Sister used Pods on their last tour. My first guitar teacher (from 24 years ago) had a Mark II hardwood/wicker that started my Mesa love. He now uses a Pod and loves it (especially the reduced weight). You should consider some headphones as well, just be careful on the volume.

Yeah it really isn't fun at all, its a shame when i'd rather play my friends Spider 1x12 than my Single Rec/4x12 in my room. I've considered just getting a pod for home use, but i think i'm just gonna go with a Microcube or a smaller Cube combo, its cheaper and i've honestly never been able to get into home recording (i'd jump on the pod if i really was).

Not sure, if i can find a nice used XT, i'll just go for that.

new cabs :

rig0308.jpg

board du mois

board0308.jpg

Jan

What a vulgar display of power!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Too bad it ain't in a 20 space Mesa sus-4 for gigging.

BTW - you may have posted somewhere else but - what is your gig rig?

With all those options at home/studio I would think a rig like mine (studio pre / stereo power amp) would not be enough for your tastes. Just curious.

Bobby

I saw those Randall modules before in Jimmy Habush's rig (of DROP)

But I still like mine better :twisted: lol

Aart said:
Ayin 0 said:
new cabs :

Jan

Kool&Elfring?
How do they sound?

are you from belgium or from holland?

It sounds great : mine has V30/G12H30 in an x and I've got a tight and warm sound. The Engl gives much more bass though, they work really well together.

I'm from Belgium.

Jan

heres my rig. i might get some more mesa cabs so i can run 4 instead of the 2 and one marshall. i don't use the rectifier anymore so i might sell it. the mark iv and the iic+ sound awsome together!!!!

IMG_0584.jpg
[/img][/url]

I know its not boogie, but this thing slays for cannibal sounding guitars.

Heads-Peavey XXX and Peavey 5150 (also wanting a 2 channel triple rec)
Cabinets-Randall Warhead 4x12 and 2x15
Effects-Boss parametric eq into Boss compressor into HBE uno-mos into Boss metalzone into HBE Power Screamer into Boss noise suppressor. Effects Loop-Boss parametric eq into ISP Decimator.
Guitar-Ibanez RG 7620 7 string with Seymour Duncan Invaders.

Please help me find a triple rec 2 channel for sale. I live in Australia and would like a 240 volt version, if not a 120 volter would do!
I would put that on top of the Peaveys. Then I think the holy grail would be complete. (maybe a Maxon 808 to would be nice to).

australia is a sucky place to be buying gear....I was there and some guy asked 1000.00 for a TS 808. My brother lived there for four years and he could have sold his basses for 200% mark up prices

'89 Mark III Simul-Class (green stripe) - Rack mounted
'89 Mesa/Boogie SUS-4 8U Rack cab
'88 Vert 2x12 half-back - Celestion Black Shadow / EV 200w
'88 Alesis Q-verb
'89 Carvin DC135
'08 Gretsch 5120

Unbelieveable tone... Near mint condition...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/Jacksonrr1/DSCN1314.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/Jacksonrr1/DSCN1344.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/Jacksonrr1/DSCN1346.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back