Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Updated Rig Pic. The DR and a pair of Mark III's. Haven't decided if I want to put the rack mount green stripe in a rack or headshell yet.

CIMG0522-1.jpg

Ibanez JS-1000 ==> Mesa Studio Preamp ==> Boss GT-6 ==> Peavey 50/50 Power Amp
==> Rectifier 2x12 & EarCandy 1x12 (in stereo)

Been having a lot of fun with this. The EarCandy 1x12 kills the Mesa cab. I think its got a Green Machine speaker in it, but I haven't taken the back off yet to check.

DSCF0070.JPG

DSCF0071.JPG

DSCF0072.JPG

DSCF0073.JPG

DSCF0074.JPG

DSCF0075.JPG

DSCF0076.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0078.JPG

Hello Boogie owners, many nice rigs here
I'm new to this forum, and here's some pics of my main rig. Only Triaxis wich belongs to this forum, but I also have a MarkIII Simul Class combo mostly in spare for the moment. From top to bottom, Furman power condition, GForce, D-Two, Skrydstrup Linemixer, pedal tray, Triaxis, dbx166XL , Rivera S120 Hammer

Pedal tray including Axess GRX4 router/switcher, Keeley Compressor, SCF, empress tremolo, Phase90 and PP2

Cabs is 1X12 CAA with Eminence Governors

I either use a Boogie IIC+ thru a Mesa Standard cab (wV30's and 65's in an "X") or my Wizard 50 watt Modern Classic into a Wizard cabinet -usually w/ an Ultimate attenuator.
My guitars are Gibson Historics w/ Rebel Yell Bridge pups.
I use an old TU-12 tuner that I unplug from the amp and plug in to tune. I love that direct in tone!

I keep a Live Rig diary here:

http://www.toddduane.com/gear.htm

It's nice to look back at my rigs and thoughts after the gig. I should have been doing it from the beginning...

my "B" rig. Workin on my A rig right now (recto pre, studio pre, gcx, etc)

PedalboardandRack003.jpg

and heres my old live rig. Substituted the 20/20 and studio pre with a Mark IV for a while
IMGP0379.jpg

sicktght311 said:

PedalboardandRack003.jpg

and heres my old live rig. Substituted the 20/20 and studio pre with a Mark IV for a while
IMGP0379.jpg

Nice pics, and nice rig! I really like your interface and pedal connection box, is it homemade?

oajensen said:
Nice pics, and nice rig! I really like your interface and pedal connection box, is it homemade?

Yup! I got sick of fiddling around in the back of my rig and hooking up my pedalboard before every show. Bought a plastic rack box and a plastic project box, some neutrik locking jacks, and a lot of planning in my mind haha. I have 9VDC and 9VAC running through two XLR cables for my wah and ground control pro, then a midi connection, and signal.

sicktght311 said:

PedalboardandRack003.jpg

IMGP0379.jpg

How does the vamp pro sound with the mesa power amp?

People **** on the Vamp, but i think if you're lookin for a no frills modeler for Mesa tones, its golden. IMO it has better mark and recto tones than the POD. The effects are much better on the pod, but if you're a meat and potatoes type of person and only need a few things like some stereo delay, chorus, and phaser, then its worth the price.

I will say this though, you can get great tones with it by itself, but if you want to nail the boogie tones, get a post preamp EQ. I have the dual eq unit in there in between the Vamp and the 2:50 and it really enables you to sculpt the tone even more. It gets about as close to my studio pre's tone as my hears can hear. The Mark IV was a little softer and rounder, but i prefer the more cutting abrasive tone of the Studio anyway. I keep the tone controls on the Vamp around the mid point and use the graphic EQ to shape the tone more. The other reason to use a GEQ with the vamp is because it's bass controls are very mark like. They get really really muddy and flubby very quick. I have to turn the bass almost completely off on the Vamp otherwise it gets farty sounding. With the recto and mark II models i keep the Bass pretty low and let the GEQ do the work . Really gives a good tight chug. It sounds fine with a solid state power amp, but the 2:50/or 2:90 definately give it a smoother rounder mesa tone. The cleans are impeccable too.

http://www.redco.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=58&cat=Expandable+Sleeving+Cable+Organizer

Just buy the size you need finished diameter. It stretches to like 3 times its diameter when you slide the cables through it. I just bundled up the 4 cables, taped em together, and snaked it through the sleeving, then zip tied the ends off, cut the sleeving, and burned the ends so it doesnt fray.

Well, finally some pics of my rig. I'll include an older pic from before I got my Mesa since it has my other guitars in it.

Rig2.jpg

Rig1.jpg

Rig3.jpg

Rig7.jpg

currentrig.jpg

My Rig, as it stands. there's also a XXX kickin just off camera.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/PirateMetalTroy/IMG_0343.jpg?t=1208158119
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/PirateMetalTroy/IMG_0342.jpg?t=1208158164

Nitrobattery said:
My new toy

framus-1.jpg

looks really sweet. Would really like to give it a go if I get the chance. How would you describe the main tonal characteristics of this amp?

cliffdove said:
Nitrobattery said:
My new toy

framus-1.jpg

looks really sweet. Would really like to give it a go if I get the chance. How would you describe the main tonal characteristics of this amp?

it's basically the perfect rectifier. it's really tight with an insane amount of low end, the notch button lets you go into super scooped mode if that's what you want, it has a 'deep' knob that lets you add an unbelievable amount of bottom end, and the clean channel is actually pretty awesome. the clean channel shimmers, the crunch channel sounds like a really beefed up marshall, and the lead channel gets you right into modern metal tones. it's awesome. i'm still itching for a roadster though...so in a year or so i may come back to the mesa family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back